Sixteen

If two people are meant for each other, it doesn't mean they have to be together right now, but they eventually will.

                               --ILikeToQuote.com

ISABELLA'S POV

Dear Zachary,

Today our baby boy turned nine. I wish you were here with him. He keeps asking me for his father's name, but I go blank. Things would have been very different if we would have been together. It's okay I understand you were just infatuated toward me but I think I just fell too hard for you, so hard that now I can't even get up. Our boy is very intelligent and you know what, he is an amazing dancer. Thank god he doesn't dances like me. Had you been here our lives would have been perfect.

"Mama!"

I was writing letter to Zachary, in my diary when my nine year old boy came running in my room.

"Happy birthday baby!" I smiled looking at him.

"Mama...Thank you" He hugged me tightly and pecked my cheeks. He was such an adorable little boy.

"Why is my baby showering so much love on me?" I pecked his cheeks.

"Because you got me a gaming xbox."

"But I-"

"Mama, I have to go. I wanna see it." He rushed out of room quickly like a jet.

Wait! But I didn't gift him an xbox.  It must be uncle Nicolas. I was very grateful to him for whatever he did for me but now he was spoiling my son.

Aunt Kim passed away on the fifth month of her pregnancy ten years ago. Doctor's told her that her pregnancy was complicated and her life was at risk but she insisted on not telling it to us and at her fifth month she fell unconscious one day. When uncle Nicolas took her to doctor, they got struck in the jam and somehow her fetus came out and she bled profusely. Doctors tried to save her but they could not. May be it was her fate.

I moved out of Uncle Nicolas' house. I decided to take the hostel while pursuing graduation in Fashion and Arts. He was devastated and so was I. I was eight months pregnant when I took admission in Fashion and Arts. I found Erin there, who was pursuing the same course and we developed a very good bonding.

I was bullied by the other girls of my batch for my looks and they used to call me names pointing at my bigger belly. I used to cry everytime. I hated Zachary and aunt Kimberley for leaving me in this state. The only support I got from was Erin. She always came for my rescue whenever I was bullied. I thought of her as a shy and timid girl like me but she was so strong and took my stand.

She even hit a girl who called me a slut.

I started working in bakery with my big belly when I ran short of money for my tuition fees. One day uncle Nicolas spotted me in the bakery and he was so mad at me for working in such condition.

"Isabella? May I know what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be at the hostel?" He asked me looking confused and then he saw my ID hanging around my neck he instantly got so mad.

"You were supposed to be in hostel right? Then why are you here? You did not even inform me before leaving."  He snapped at me furiously.

"Uncle...Un-" He cut me off.

"Shut up! Come with me." His eyes blazed with anger and I followed him to the car.

"Uncle.. I'm sorry to leave you in that condition but I couldn't see you breaking down. It broke me too." I wiped my tears.