TWO

You don't love someone for their looks or their clothes, or their fancy cars but because they sing a song only you can hear.

                            ---Oscar Wilde

It was a bright sunny morning. The sun shone radiantly and the birds chirped their favourite melody. Isabella opened her window to let the fresh air in. She enjoyed watching nature. Her eyes were focused at the branch of apple tree in front of her house. A beautiful woodpecker was sitting on it making her nest pecking the wood apart.

Isabella looked at the grill of her window where a piece of paper was hanging. She took the paper and opened it.

You're beautiful. You don't need to listen to anyone and their ugly comments. I believe you have a beautiful heart.

Z

She wondered if the letter reached the correct person. How could somebody call her beautiful when she looked so ugly.

She remembered how she was humiliated by her classmates when she drew a unicorn. Her appearance was always a laughing stock for students. They made fun of her ugly appearance. She remembered how they made fun of her braces and called her the ugly duckling holding ugly unicorn.

She thought somebody mistook her window as someone else's window. She prepared pancakes with choco sauce on top. Aunt Kimberly came to her and helped her making the apple juice. They both had their breakfast and talked about the last evening's farewell party.

"Did you enjoy it?" Kimberly asked her in excitement.

"Umm.. yeah."

"So, tell me something about it." She smiled taking a big bite of the pancake.

"Umm..nothing. I was the centre of critics for everyone again." Her shoulders dropped.

Disappointment took over Kimberly's face.
"Oh Bella ! You are beautiful. Its just that they don't see your beauty." She rubbed her back.

"I am an ugly duckling aunt. You don't need to lie, just to make me feel good." She said sipping her apple juice.
"But who cares when I have a loving aunt like you." She smiled happily.

"Honey...ugly duckling only turned out to be a beautiful swan. I hope you know that and you'll shine one day." Kimberly smiled in accordance.

"Bella, I had applied for a job on your behalf." Kimberly looked at her.

"Really?" Her eyes widened in excitement.

Kimberly nodded.

"Tell me, aunt."

"Its a receptionist's job. You'll have to handle the data as well in the Versatile Dance Academy." Kimberly explained.

"You're so sweet aunt. You made it easy for me." Isabella was really happy.

"Anything for you dear. Just give your hundred and ten percent. You need to work off your ass."

"I'll work hard aunt. Ready to pull up my socks." Isabella's eyes glittered.

She always wanted to have a job and help her aunt meet their daily expenses. Besides Kimberly never bought herself new clothes not even on Christmas. She was never left with enough after paying the house rent in NYC, water bill, electricity bills and their ration. Her entire salary got spent on it. If Isabella would not have qualified the scholorship exam, Kimberly could not even afford to sent her in a prestigeous school.

Isabella was happy that she could now save for her tution fee for the graduation. She was happy that finally she could go to her dream college and pass it with flying colors.