Chris Evans-Unhinged Jealousy

*Contains Smut

He was your friend, your best friend to say the least, so why were you getting jealous all of a sudden when you saw him talking to another woman? In all the years you had known Chris, you had never gotten jealous, not once. So why the hell was that changing all of a sudden? Maybe it was because the two of you shared a drunken kiss just a few weeks ago. Or maybe it was because when you went through a really tough breakup with your ex-boyfriend a couple months ago, Chris had been there for you like never before. He was your rock, your support system as you spent countless nights crying on his shoulder.

You weren't sure where it came from, but ever so slowly over the last few months, your feelings had drastically changed. Feelings from friendship, to something much deeper, much more intimate. And now, here he was flirting with some broad and your hormones became raging. Just the sight of this chic putting her hands on his arms, the way he laughed at her, probably, shitty jokes gave you a desire in your core you had never felt. It was as if you were an animal, a lioness and you wanted to protect you mate. 'What the fuck is happening to me?' you berated in your mind. Chris was your friend, not your lover yet you wanted to claim him, to have him claim dominance over you, to tell you that you were taken by him, and him only. You wanted him.

You were confused by your emotions taking over your body, unsure of where it was all coming from. Maybe you were just jealous. Maybe he didn't think anything of that drunk kiss when you thought it would have maybe pushed into a budding romance. Either way, when Chris' gaze landed on yours, a fury of jealousy overwhelmed you. Rolling your eyes at him, you turned and marched out of the house and to your car; Chris calling your name faintly in the background.

"Y/N, wait up!" Chris demanded as you were unlocking your car door. "Didn't you hear me calling for you back there?"

With a deep sigh, you responded, "I guess I didn't."

You opened your car door but Chris quickly slammed it closed. Furrowing your brows you turned to stare at him. "What the fuck was that for Chris?"

"What was with that eye roll you gave me back there huh?"

You couldn't meet his eyes; you couldn't tell him that you started having feelings for him, more than just a friendship. His friendship meant everything to you and it would destroy you if he didn't feel the same way; and what if things turned awkward because of it?

"I don't know what you're talking about Chris," you responded with a shrug of your shoulders.

"That's bullshit and you know it. Come on, I know you better than that."

The front door to the house opened and the broad he was talking to came out. "Chris? Are you going to come back in?"

The ugly jealousy inside of you became unhinged again at the sight of her as you rushed to open your door, but you weren't so lucky yet again. Chris held onto the door before you could close it; his brows furrowing together, a slight tilt to his head as his lips turned up into a grin. "Are you jealous?" he asked with a chuckle.

Fury overtook the jealousy aspect as Chris seemed smug at how you were acting. Gripping the door handle you slammed your car door shut and peeled out of the driveway, racing back to your house.

As you made your way inside your house, you felt discouraged, but more importantly, disappointed in yourself no less. But feelings were feelings and nobody, including yourself, had any control over that. You can't help who you fall for; its fate, and not in our hands.

"Why?!?!?" you groaned in annoyance. "Screw you Chris Evans and your smug grin, and your cocky attitude, and your blue eyes, and your sexy lips, and your perfect beard, and your strong arms. Fuck!"