Baby's First Christmas

The tree was lit along with all the other Christmas lights strung around the house. The fireplace was turned on as you and Chris sipped your morning coffee on the sofa. His arm was draped around your shoulder as you snuggled up to him. You were both wearing your matching Christmas pajamas.

A smile came to your face as you looked towards the tree; presents adorned the entire tree skirt. This was your 7th Christmas with Chris by your side and you could not have been happier. Turning your head you looked into his eyes as he smiled at you.

"Merry Christmas sweetheart" he spoke in a hushed tone as you felt your heart swell with joy.

"Merry Christmas Chris" you replied before leaning in to capture his lips with yours.

A cry down the hall broke the two of you from your kiss. "It's about time. I thought he was going to sleep all day" Chris joked as the two of you set down your coffee mugs and walked to his bedroom.

He was still crying but once you and Chris peeked over the top of the crib, he stopped and put a smile on for you. "You are such a little faker" you teased as you picked up your son; Chris' hand gentle on your lower back.

The three of you walked back into the living room; your sons' eyes drawn to the Christmas tree and all the sparkling lights. You giggled as you sat down and placed him in your lap.

Chris sat down opposite of you after taking thestockings down from the mantle. Hestarted to pull out the presents in your sons' stocking as he giggled andclapped with each new toy. Your heartfelt full as you looked across to your husband; a tear of happiness rollingdown your cheek at how magical everything was on your sons' first Christmasmorning!