Mad

Chris was gone again, and he wasn't out filming this time. No, instead he was out with friends, opting to leave you back at home by yourself. You knew you shouldn't get mad, but you just had this feeling that there was something he wasn't telling you; something or someone.

Instead you had started to become that girlfriend and you hated every aspect about it. But you just couldn't help it; your emotions were all over the place. You had become clingy with him, hovering, texting and calling every chance you got, waiting for a response from him.

You had been dating Chris for nearly two years now and you had moved in with him just four months ago. But it seemed like ever since you moved in, he was acting just a bit off. Your biggest fear was that he was cheating on you, and more and more he would go out with his friends, saying he needed some guy time.

Sitting on the couch, you tried your best to pass the time getting lost in a movie, but it wasn't helping. For the tenth time in five minutes, you had checked your phone, but there were no new messages or missed calls.

Growling, you opened up your text chat with Chris and texting him yet again.

Y/N: Where are you baby? I thought you would be home by now

Setting the phone down, your knee began to bounce up and down; your mouth chewing nervously on your lower lip awaiting his response.

Two minutes, then three had passed and yet nothing. Opening up your phone, you saw that the text you sent him had been read, but he hadn't responded.

Y/N: Really Chris? Why can't you respond to me?

Five minutes passed, and yet nothing from Chris. You were getting frustrated and you didn't know why. Chris had never once given you a reason not to trust him, ever. He was always honest and truthful with you and you didn't know why all of a sudden you had been acting this way.

You didn't want to lose him, yet in the pit of your stomach, you had a feeling that might just happen if you kept on acting this way.

Looking back through your texts, you had seen that you texted him over ten times already since he left to hang out with his friends. Groaning, you placed your phone back on the table and sat back on the couch; arms crossed over your chest.

After another half hour of time passing, you picked your phone back up and decided to call him this time. The phone began to dial, but after two rings, it went to voicemail. Ending the call, you looked at your phone, mouth hung open. "He rejected my fucking call! What the hell is going on with him??"

You had called him five times in a row, but each time he just rejected your call and all you heard was his voice for his voicemail. Tears threatened to spill from your eyes as you felt like your relationship was crumbling around you.

Lying down on the couch, you closed your eyes as the tears spilled down your cheek, hitting the cushion of the couch. You wrapped the blanket around your body, feeling more lonely than ever as your eyes grew heavy, shutting them and falling asleep.

The front door slammed shut, startling you awake. Looking at the clock, you saw it was just after midnight. Sitting up, you checked your phone but saw Chris never responded to any of your texts or calls.

You heard footsteps and looked up, seeing a seething Chris standing at the edge of the living room; his eyes narrowed and lips in a thin line. All he did was shake his head at you before turning around and walking down the hallway and into the bedroom.

Scrambling to your feet, you followed after him. "What's wrong with you huh? Why didn't you answer any of my texts or calls Chris?"

You found him in the bedroom, stripping off his jeans and pulling on a pair of sleep shorts. "Are you kidding me right now Y/N? I told you I was going out for guys night and yet I have to spend most of the night looking at my phone because of all the texts and calls from you!" he roared back.

"I just wanted to know when you were going to be home!"

"You are not my mother Y/N! I shouldn't have to tell you when I'm going to be home! I'll be home when I'm home!" His voice got louder with each word that came from his mouth.

"Well so sorry for wanting to know," you replied sarcastically.

Chris just looked at you, throwing his hands in the air and letting them slap down on his thighs. "I don't get what your deal is lately Y/N. You've been so clingy the last few months and it's driving me crazy!"

"Driving YOU crazy? Try being in a relationship where your partner doesn't respond to texts or calls! Try being in a relationship where you feel like your partner is hiding something from you and always wanting to go hang out with friends without!"

"When have I EVER given you a reason not to trust me?" he yelled back with brows raised. You looked down to the floor, knowing you didn't have an answer because truthfully, he had never done anything for you not to trust him. "That's what I thought. I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!"

Your eyes snapped up to face up, chin quivering. "What-what do you mean by that?"

"I just need some time Y/N." He grabbed his pillow from the bed and left the room. You saw him going into the guest bedroom down the hall and closing the door. Your knees buckled beneath you as you slumped to the floor. Holding your head in your hands, you cried quietly to yourself, knowing you just ruined this relationship.