Birthday Surprise

**Contains Smut

Chris was frantically trying to rush you out of the house that morning. "Baby, please, just trust me. Go and meet my mom and sisters at the spa. It's my birthday treat to you," he ushered as he helped you put your coat on, holding your purse out to you.

Your brows furrowed at his rushed pace, but then again, a spa day with his mother and sisters did sound fabulous. "Alright I'm going. I love you," you said, giving him a peck to his lips.

"I love you too baby," he remarked, shutting the door.

Chris took a deep breath of relief, placing his hands together and rubbing them back and forth. He had a lot of work to do to get ready for your surprise party later this evening.

He had spent all morning and early afternoon setting up, but he couldn't help but feel something was wrong in the pit of his stomach.

"Honey I'm home," Scott's voice echoed throughout the house as he came in through the front door. "And I've brought gifts!"

Chris turned to see Scott emptying the decorations bag onto the large counter top of the kitchen; his eyes growing wide at the sight.

"Scott! I asked you to get PURPLE decorations! Her favorite color is purple, not pink!"

Scott looked at the decorations scattered across the counter before turning to his brother. "Do you want me to go exchange them?"

Chris looked at his watch, seeing that you would be back within the next hour. "Ugh, no we don't have time!"

As he and Scott began to decorate the house and the backyard, the guests began to arrive in drones. Family and friends from both sides gathered in the backyard, sipping on drinks as they awaited the birthday girl.

Chris began to feel even more nervous, wanting today to be absolutely perfect for you. The two of you had been dating for close to a year; this was the first birthday of yours you would celebrate with Chris.

His phone began to ring and he quickly answered it. "Three hours late? You have to be kidding me. Is there any way you could get here faster?....Yeah...I understand."

"Shit," he said as he hung up the phone.

"What's going on?" Scott asked as he stepped closer to his nerve wracked brother.

"I got Y/N's favorite band to perform tonight but now they are three hours late. I wanted them to be here and set up before she even got here."

Scott placed a comforting hand on his brother's shoulder. "Just breathe Chris. Everything will work out in the end. Y/N loves you and no matter what happens, she's going to be thrilled about tonight.

~~~

"I'm ready for bed," you softly chuckled from the backseat of Lisa's car as she headed back to your and Chris' house. The spa had been nothing short of amazing. You had gotten a hot stone massage, a facial, and then ended your time in a mud bath. It was the perfect birthday gift Chris could have gotten you.

Opening your eyes, you saw that Lisa was just parking into the driveway and you unbuckled your seatbelt.

The sky was now dark, as you and the girls had stopped for a quick bite to eat after the spa. You wondered curiously why Lisa, Shana and Carly were all getting out of the car with you and heading into the house, but you paid not much attention as you opened the front door.

It was dark inside and you called out for your boyfriend. "Chris?" you cautiously called as you slowly crept through the darkened house with your hand on the wall. "Are you home?"