Humiliated Love

It was a bright sunny day in Los Angeles as you lounged on your best friend Chris Evans' couch. He was on the phone with his manager, getting the details for the Captain America: Winter Soldier red carpet premier coming up this weekend. You knew how stressed and anxiety ridden he got during those times so you tried to always be there for him when needed.

It's funny really, how the two of you are still friends after all these years. You didn't actually grow up here in LA, you grew up in the same neighborhood as him back in Sudbury, Massachusetts. You were actually close friends with Scott and that was how you met Chris. After high school Chris went on to be an actor, and you applauded him, letting him know you would always be there for him through his hopes and dreams.

Eventually you got a job offer out here in LA and it was as if you and Chris were never parted from all those years; the friendship starting back up just like it used to be.

Chris sighed in hindrance as he set his phone down on the table. "What's wrong Charmer?" you asked Chris, using his longtime nickname you gave him many years ago. Lets face it, when you first met Chris he was a real charmer, very charismatic and the nickname stuck after all these years.

He turned his head, looking at you and you gave him a silly face, trying to cheer him up. It worked as he smiled, letting out a chuckle as he shook his head. "Giggles you always know how to make me feel better." You smiled, always loving the nickname he gave you. It was just who you were, always laughing, even laughing at yourself; you just wanted to make people smile and have a good time.

"My manager is really pushing for me to have a date other than a family member for the premier this Saturday," Chris explained with a dour look. Furrowing you brows you moved closer to him, clasping his hands with yours. Why his manager would push such a thing was beyond you. Chris was always very private when it came to his personal life; usually always walking the red carpet alone or with a family member.

An idea popped into your head; maybe he should take you? "Hey Chris, what about..." you began to say but Chris suddenly perked up.

"I'll ask Minka!"

You frowned, cocking your head to the side as you rolled your eyes at him. "Really Chris? The two of you broke up a little over a month ago."

"Yeah but I've been thinking about asking her to try again. I just get so...lonely at home sometimes ya know?"

"I get that Chris, trust me I do. But your relationship with her wasn't a healthy one. You two broke up for a reason. I just don't want to see you go through that again."

Chris' bright blue eyes softened as he looked at you. His hand coming up to cup your cheek as his lips tugged at the corner. "Your sweet Giggles. But I'm a big boy, I can handle it." He pressed his lips to your forehead before grabbing his phone and getting to his feet. "Now, you want to help me find something to wear?"

"Sure," you said getting off the couch and following him out to his car. You'd be lying if you said you didn't have feelings for him. The two of you had been close for over half your life, and had only gotten closer in the last few years. But your friendship was everything to you; meant more than anything in this world and you weren't going to ruin that in chancing a relationship with him, especially because you weren't sure how he was feeling. Chris was your friend, your best friend and nothing was going to ruin that.

Later that night as you were making yourself some dinner you got a phone call from Sebastian.

"Hey Sebby!" you greeted on the phone with a smile. You had met Sebastian, naturally, through Chris and the two of you hit off a great friendship.