Chris Evans-Dangers on Set Part 6 of 6

Chris stayed with you that night; the two of you staying up talking about anything and everything that came to mind before you fell asleep, your head resting on his chest as his arm traced delicately along your bare back.

In the morning when you woke he was gone, but he did leave a note for you.

Y/N,

You looked so peaceful, I didn't want to wake you up. I'm sorry I had to leave this morning, but I have a few things I have to take care of. Here is my phone number. Please, feel free to text me when you wake up.

I had a really great time last night Y/N and I hope we can continue where we left off.

Chris

Your face broke out into a Cheshire like smile as you read the note. He had a great time last night with you, and now he wanted to continue. Whether that meant him sneaking behind Kendra's back or not, you weren't quite sure.

It was Saturday and luckily there was no filming this weekend. Kendra still had not contacted you after you told her you were sick yesterday morning so you were going to take the opportunity to go out and explore the city for the first time.

You sent Chris a text, letting him know it was you so he had your number, but you pretty much left it at that. What you and Chris shared last night had been nothing short of magical, and you didn't want to ruin that with flooding his phone with messages. You figured he would text you when he was done taking care of his business.

As you opened the door to head out, Kendra was standing there, hand raised as if ready to knock on the door, and she looked terrible. Her hair was flat and stringy, mascara and eyeliner streaked down her face and her eyes were red and puffy.

"Kendra?" you asked, a hint of confusion in your voice as to why she was at your door. "What happened?"

Kendra sniffled before grabbing your hand and bringing you back to her suite. She shut the door and ushered you over to the couch, yanking your arm down with force so you sat down next to her. You winced, rubbing your arm as Kendra started to cry; and it was an ugly cry.

"He...broke....up....with....me," Kendra managed to say between sobs and hiccups. A warmth spread in your chest at her words. Chris was breaking up with her this morning, and that is why he left in the early morning.

"Oh no Kendra," you tried so sound as sympathetic as possible for her, but inside, you were screaming with joy. "Did he say why?" you asked, wondering what his reasoning would be.

Kendra shrugged, wiping her tears. "He...he just said that...that things weren't working...out."

You spent the rest of the night 'consoling' your 'best-friend' the best you could, even though all you wanted to do was tell her that she had it coming to her. The way she treated you, Chris, and everyone around her, you were shocked that Chris even lasted as long as he did.

After getting back to your room that night, you and Chris began to text back and forth. It was decided, that while the movie was still filming for the next couple of weeks, you and Chris would keep everything quiet while you doted on Kendra; not wanting to make anything suspicious and possibly ruin filming.

~~~

The night the movie wrapped, you snuck over to Chris' hotel room; the two of you embracing one another for a long time.

"So what's the plan?" Chris asked as he cracked open a beer.

A smile came about your face as you just got a call earlier today with some good news. "Well, do you remember that job I had with that phone interview?" Chris nodded his head, remembering you telling him during one of your nightly talk sessions over the phone. "I just got a call from them earlier today. They don't even want to do an in person interview, they decided to hire me!"