Pancakes

The blinding sun shone through the bedroom windows, waking you up bright and early on this summer morning. Chris' arm was wrapped around your torso tightly. Not wanting to wake him up, you carefully lifted his arm and snuck out of his grasp. He had been working so hard lately and this was the first morning in so long he was finally able to sleep in.

"You hungry?" you whispered to Dodger as he lay on the floor at the foot of the bed. His head perked up, tail wagging as he followed you down the stairs and into the kitchen.

Pouring his cup of food into the bowl, you gave yourself a light chuckle as you watched him greedily eat each bite of food.

Deciding it was still too early to wake Chris, you took Dodger out for a morning walk.

The sun was high in the sky, your skin soaking up the Vitamin D as Dodger pranced next to you, his tail never faltering from wagging.

After an hour long walk, you hoped into the shower, needing to wash away the sweat from your body. The warm water eased your muscles as you lathered your body with your favorite wash.

Putting on a pot of coffee, you cleaned up the kitchen; your dinner from last night still evident on the counter.

You rinsing off the dishes when you felt a pair of arms wrap around you, causing you to jump. Chris' sleepy chuckle rang in your ears, "I'm sorry I startled you baby."

Drying your hands off, you turned in his grasp to face him. His hair was a mess as it stuck up in different directions, sleepiness still shown in his eyes. "It's alright. I didn't hear you come in here" you stated with a soft smile, your arms wrapping around his back. "You look like you could go back to bed" you mused as your nails scratched lightly at his back.

He moaned out as your hands get up their work, his head falling onto your shoulders as you held him. "If you keep this up I'm going to fall asleep right here."

Letting out a giggle, you stilled your hands and instead wrapped him into a tight hug. Chris' stomach grumbled loudly and you both laughed. "That is why I woke up. I'm hungry" he whined out into your ear as you shook your head at him.

"And what do you want me to do about it?" you teased as you let your grip on his back go; turning to finish up rinsing off the dishes.

"Baabbbbyyy" Chris pouted from behind you as you tried to stifle your laugh, but it didn't work out too tell as your body shook.

"Chhhrriiiisss" you playfully teased back as you finished loading the dishwasher.

"If I tell you I love you, will you make me pancakes?" he pleaded as his bottom lip jutted out, his damn puppy dog eyes showing. He knew just what to do to always make you give in. Your heart fluttered at his delightful expression.

Quirking your eyebrows at him, you tilted your head and put your hand behind your ear, waiting for him to say it.

He gave you a wide grin, "I love you baby."

Shaking your head at his adorableness, youreturned his smile. "I love you tooChris" you replied while starting to get out the pancake mix.