Say Something

Entering your boyfriend Chris' home, you instantly heard his voice raised as it sounded like he was talking to someone. Curious, you quietly walked towards his office where the noise was coming from. Peeking around the corner, you saw him pacing back and forth, looking distressed as he spoke on the phone to someone.

"I know, I fucked up!" he exclaimed loudly, his hand raising in the air as he continued to pace. Furrowing your eyebrows together, you were intrigued at what he was talking about, but you didn't want to interrupt him; so you stayed hidden on the other side of the door.

His fingers raked through his slicked back hair; his chest heaving as he nodded his head to whatever was being said on the other line.

"Yes Ma, I just, I don't think she'll forgive me for this. It was a mistake, and I was drunk. I just....fuck...I wish I could go back in time" he declared as he sat down on his chair; head bowed down and looking utterly defeated. "Ma, please stop yelling. I know Y/N is the greatest thing that ever happened to me. I just, don't know how I'm going to tell her."

Your hand came up to cover your mouth, as realization started to sink in; figuring out what the conversation was about. Last night, Chris had gone out to a Hollywood party. He had asked you to come, but you told him you weren't in the mood; that he should just go and have fun with friends.

"Yeah, by Ma" you heard Chris say before he let out a disappointed sigh.

With tears in your eyes, you decided to make yourself known as you rounded the door and came into view. You stood there, silently watching Chris as he had yet to realize you were there.

A shaky sob escaped your throat; Chris snapping his head up to see you standing there looking heartbroken.

"How much of that did you hear?" he asked, his voice overcome with guilt.

Wiping away your tears, you rolled your eyes at him, not even knowing much else to say. "All of it" you choked out.

Chris got to his feet and ambled over to you, reaching his hands out but you backed away from his touch. "Are you going to yell at me too? I deserve it" Chris said, his voice wavering.

The shock of Chris cheating on you made you nauseas as you held back the urge to vomit; swallowing the bile rising in your throat.

"Sweetheart, please. Say something. Anything. Yell at me, tell me I'm an idiot" Chris urged as he walked towards you yet again.

"I-I just ne-need some time to think" you stuttered out before turning away and walking out the door.