Study Break

Could someone seriously die from too much stress? That's what you thought would happen to you. It was Thursday night, and you had spent the entire day, literally, at the library, studying for your exams. Everyone had today and tomorrow off from school luckily to help prepare for the tests coming on Monday.

You were utterly spent and exhausted. Hunching over your text books, you felt like no matter how hard you concentrated, nothing would stick in your brain anymore. Huffing out a sigh of defeat, you text your boyfriend Chris and let him know you were finally on your way home.

Driving home, you figured you would take a quick break from studying at home, maybe get something to eat before you jump right back into it. Pulling into the garage, you stifled a yawn as you gathered your bag. Shutting the car door, you ambled into the house; eyes half hooded from exhaustion.

"Hey sweetheart" Chris greeted you, taking your book bag off your shoulder and giving you a hug. He felt warm and soothing and your muscles started to relax in his embrace. "How did studying go?"

"I want to quit school" you whined out; your body shaking from Chris' quiet chuckle.

His hand rubbed up and down your back, "you can't do that babe. You're so close to end. Just hang in a little bit longer alright?" He placed his lips on your forehead, giving you a tender kiss. Glancing up, you mustered up a smile just for him.

"I've got a surprise for you. Come on" he said as he grabbed your hand, pulling you up the stairs and towards the bathroom. As you came close, you could smell your favorite scents wafting from the bathroom. Chris opened the door, and you jaw went slack.

The lights to the bathroom were off, but instead, the room was illuminated by dozens of candles, creating a relaxing environment. The claw-foot tub was filled to the top with bubbles as you hand dipped in to feel the water a nice warm temperature. "Chris" you choked out, not finding the words you wanted to say.

"I know how hard you've been studying babe and I thought you might need something to help you relax a little. Go ahead and get in the tub, I'll be back shortly."

With that, he gave you a quick kiss on the lips and shut the door. You eagerly stripped of your clothing, your mind completely forgetting about studying more tonight as you sunk into the warmth of the water. Your muscles eased as you rested your head back against the towel Chris placed there for.

You weren't sure how long you lay there in the warm water. A knock on the door broke you from your almost nap; Chris peaking his head around the door. "How are you feeling?" Chris asked as he made his way into the bathroom.

"Mmmmm, so much better now. Thank you Chris, for everything."

He knelt down next to you, resting one arm along the tub as he lifted a glass of wine for you. "Could you be any more perfect?" you asked as you readily took the glass of wine from his hands.

Chris' head tilt back as he grabbed his chest in a roar of laughter. "Well, I don't know about perfect, but I do know how to take care of my girl."

He leaned in, capturing your lips with his andall felt right and relaxed again.