One

Songs for this chapter:

It's Cool ~ Jhené Aiko

———————————————————————-

Madison's POV

I sat in front of my little vanity and finished doing my makeup. I let out a raspberry before I finally got up and got into the dress I had chosen earlier to wear this evening.

Tonight I have a date with a really cute guy who I met through a friend. Honestly, I'm scared. I just started dating, after my last relationship, and all the guys I've gone out with turn out to be fuck-boys. I just want a real boyfriend, at least a decent date. I want a good guy, I'm tired of being played with.

I exited my apartment and made my way to where we decided to meet tonight. I'm actually running a little late, which made me feel bad. But this is something I can't help, I'm always arriving late to everything, no matter how hard I try not to.

I payed the Uber and got out of the car. I looked around the place, trying to spot him, but I'm guessing he hasn't arrived so I decided to text him.

Madison :
Hey, I'm here text me when you get here

I locked my phone and looked around, waiting for him to arrive.

A few minutes passed and he still was nowhere to be found. He didn't answer my text and I didn't want to come off as needy so I waited a while before texting him again.

Madison :
It's Madison
Call me?

I sighed and continued waiting.

It's been too long, I don't think he's coming. I looked around again but I still couldn't see him.

I'm gonna wait a little longer, maybe he's just running a little late.

Something might've happened to him, he probably forgot how to breath.

I sighed in annoyance before finally admitting to myself that I had just been stood up. I can't believe I just made a complete fool of myself.

Men ain't shit. I mean, he couldn't at least have the decency to cancel? Are all guys like this nowadays?

What's the point of dating?

I walked, not knowing where my feet were taking me, until I came across a bar and decided to walk in. It's not like I have any better plans.

I sat at the bar, between all the people, and just waited for the bartender to come notice me. It's okay if he just wants to stand me up too. If that makes sense.