The heiress

Jennie Kim

That's right. I am the only child of a multimillionaire businessman. The heiress to a multinational company. I am pretty. I am rich. I get what I want.

That's her thought about reading the article on the business magazine.

Nah, they don't know anything about me. Stupid writers.

She throw away the mag at the trash bin near her. She's at a hotel in France, she wanted to watch the París Fashion showcase but she changed her mind. She suddenly wanted to go and visit Hawaii, since her bestfriend was staying there. She already planned going there next week but she felt like traveling there right now. And before she got a chance to book her flight to Hawaii--

'Riiiinnngg! Riiinnnggggg!'

Annoying. Who would call me at this hour?

She irritatedly picked up her cellphone only to find out that it's her Mom. She looked at the wall clock, it's almost midnight at New Zealand right now, and she's wondering why would her mom call her this late. There's about 10hours difference on their timezone by the way, if in case you're wondering too.

Mom? You called up. It's already midnight there, any problem?

She asked her mom casually.

We need you here sweetie. We got a big problem. Be here tomorrow. We already booked you a flight going back here.

Her mom said that with intensity and nervousness on her voice. She's confused.

Huh? Why? What's the matter? I'm having my vacation mom, you know I love to travel and I already have plans for the week. I'll go to Hawaii right now. Soryy, I can't go back there now. I can't.

She said that with firmness on her voice. Suddenly, she heard her dad's voice on the other line. She felt a bit nervous.

Jennie Kim, you will go back here! Asap! We need to discuss something very important. And if you still insist on saying no. I might just hire someone to bring you here. We'll be sending you your flight details. Understood?!

She cringed at her dad's voice and sighed. When it comes to her father, she just can't say no. After all, she got her stubbornness from him. Like father, like daughter as her mom would always say.

Yes dad. I understand. I'll go pack my things now and please do send me the flight details right away. Thank you.

She said with a very lowkey voice.

Good to hear that. We're hanging up. Be safe. Bye.

Her dad hanged up the phone. She look for the email she just received. It's her flight details going back to Auckland. As much as her parents wants to, she doesn't want to go back there, not yet but she don't have any choice either. It is her dad's words against hers. And she can't win by opposing him. She sighed again. She loves to travel. She loves her freedom ever since her parents allowed her to travel anywhere she wants to. She sighed.

Better call Irene and let her know, I won't be coming to Hawaii. She's gonna get sad.

She sighed. Irene was her bestfriend. They are bestfriends since grade school. They grew together. And shared a lot of wonderful things with her. I know she would be sad since she's expecting me to be there. But it is still bothering me why my parents would asked me to get home all of a sudden, I mean, they can solve whatever problem they have without me. She thought to herself.

*love blackpink a lot. Listen to their mv's. 💜