A threat

My aunt explains to me everything. I still can't believe it. My dad is in the hospital, he was ambushed. I cried. Even if he's cold, I still love him and I don't want anything bad to happen to him.

Please be strong for them. I am trying to help your mom regarding this matter. She was worried sick about you too, your mom told me she received death threats and stuff.

And yes, that's the reason why my parents we're not in contact with me the past week. My parents were being extra careful about my safety. I learned that from my aunt.

I'll be tightening the security there too. I'll be contacting someone so you could have a personal guard as well.

A personal guard? If that's the case I won't have such a bit of freedom anymore. I don't want someone to follow me around.

No aunt. I don't want to have a personal guard looking after me. It will just--

Please understand. Your mom is worried sick and we're thinking that you might be targeted as well of whoever is behind this. We can't afford you to get hurt. Plus, she just received an email containing your photo. We are considering it a threat. And there's a big possibility that they are coming after you as well. So please Jennie, listen to aunt and your mom. Will you?

She cuts me off there. I sighed. I don't wanna get hurt too. I'm pretty sure my mother is having really a hard time. I don't want to add stress to the situation.

It's alright dear. I'll make sure you get along with the personal guard I am sending you. I'll let you know when I have his commitment already. Take care okay?

Okay aunt. Thank you a lot. And please tell mommy that I am ok. I hope everything will get back to how it used to be. I also pray dad to get well soon. Please do update me everytime.

Don't worry. I'll surely tell her. I'll be flying to New Zealand the following day.  I have to go now. Bye.

I stared outside the window. I remember what my father told me about our situation.

Jennie listen carefully. Dad was tricked. Our company is on the verge of going down. Someone used our name into illegal use. Illegal doings. They used our name on some sort of transaction we do not know. And as far as I've checked our company finances, theres a huge amount of spending with from unknown names.

Dad said.

But how is that possible dad? I mean, we don't do that.

I asked him.

Someone forged my signature. And now we're receiving phone calls regarding with that matter from unknown people. We're currently tracking it out. We don't want to send you away to Korea if you don't want to, however, your mom and I received blackmails and death threats already. And Korea is the safest place that we could think of.

Dad explained.

That's right dear, I'll be sending you to Unnie. She'll definitely protect you there. And the other day, someone sent a gift box under my name, I thought it was really a gift but there's a dead cat inside with note of killing intent.

My mom said.

We don't stop you from doing whatever you want cause you are our daughter. But for now, this is serious and you have to listen and obey us. You're our only child remember that. If anything happens to us, it is only you, who can have and continue our legacy. No one else.

I sighed upon remembering that conversation.

I feel like in a cage for a moment. A cage that gives me different tortures in life now.

*I am trying to update as many chapters as I can. What do you think of the story? Please let me know. 😅👇
*Do not forget to stream DdDdu and Aiiyl.