Risky Job

I'm already at the address given to me. It is the house of the Majors brother. Anyway, I'll be living here while carrying the mission. I ring the doorbell.

The gate opened and an old lady peek from the inside.

I smiled at her and bow down.

Annyeong! I am Lalisa Manoban, Mr. Min expect me today.

I said. The old lady bow down at me too. She smiled and open the door wide.

Oh it is you. Mr. Min is waiting for you Miss Manoban. Please come in and follow me.

The lady said. I follow her through the spacious garden. We entered an old style bungalow house. The interior is somewhat modern. Nice.

We entered a big room and a middle aged man look at me from his desk. I bow down. The lady left us.

Annyeong Mr.Min, I am Byeongjang Lalisa Manoban. Glad to meet you.

The man greet me as well and instructed me to have a sit.

Alright. I am glad you are already here Sergeant. But I never thought that my brother will send me a fine lady like you for this job.

The man said. I smiled at him.

I may be a fine lady Sir. But I assure you, I kick balls and asses real hard. Plus I love sneaking to some hooligans and beat them hard.

I saw him smiled. Looks like he's impressed with what I've said. Huh, I can punch like a boxer and kick like Bruce Lee. Hoho!

Alright. My brother won't send you here if you are not capable. Anyway, here's the schedule and photographs of the people you are gonna stalk with. Take photographs and videos of them. I need proofs about those illegal acts their doing. Once accomplished, I'll be giving you the other mission.

I look at him for a moment. Did he say another one?

Joesonghamnida. There is another mission aside from this?

I asked while showing the folder at my hand. He nods and look at me.

Yes there is. It is not risky at all just a simple one.

The old man said.

But don't bother yourself about the second work. This first one here looks very simple but it is actually risky. To tell you the truth, I have sent 6 people, all well trained for this job however all of them failed.

I got interested. 6 people and they still did not succeeded?

Wow! 6 people? What exactly is going on Mr. Min? Who exactly are we targeting?

I curiously asked him. He stared at me.

They are not just simple people, they are the polticians of this province. Who are directly involved with illegal acts and big groups of bandits. Mafia. Mob.

I got shocked. Wow! As in wow! So this is actually much bigger than I thought. I know, I've been informed by the details when I was in the Major's office, but never did it came in my mind that there is actually a big picture behind.

Hold up! It is that big? I don't know about it Mr. Min. And if there is a big group behind. Why not hire a group to take them on instead of having me doing the job?

I asked. Suddenly, I felt like I wanted to back out from this sudden revelation.

I understand Miss Manoban. However, we cannot take them down yet since we don't have a solid proof. And remember, they are politicians. It is not easy to do that. We need to have all the info we need before we can make legal actions. And besides, you are well recommended by your commander and my brother. And upon seeing you personally, I think they wouldn't suspect you of anything.

I sighed. If I would have known the real deal, I wouldn't accept it.

And nothing to worry, we'll provide you anything you need just to gather data about it.

That still is not enough. If I'm gonna do this, at least I need to have a partner though.

Would it be ok if I asks someone to tag along? To be honest, I need a hand as well regarding this matter.

I said seriously. The man nods.

Certainly, I can make arrangements for you to have a partner.

He was about to pick the phone when I spoke again.

I am sorry Mr. Min, but I already have someone in mind to join me. And I have a question by the way.

He sit back on the chair and nod at me.

What is it?

He asked.

What happened to those 6 people that you've sent over? It bugs me.

I asked him. He leaned forward to the table with hands on his chin. He looks gloomy.

Their dead.

========

I am at my designated room. Staring blankly at the ceiling. I am thinking of what to do with the situation. I mean, what I entered is not just a simple mission of gathering proofs and stuff. It is a very dangerous mission. Life and death situation to be exact.

I should have declined it a while ago after hearing what happened to the 6 people they sent, but I did not. I am already here anyway, a soldier never back out and this is somewhat a top secret mission.

Whatever. I need to ask assitance. I pick up my phone and dial a certain number.

A man answered it.

Hey buddy! Am I disturbing you?

Lalisa my man! No. I am not doing anything so no. What's up?

Well, I need a hand. Mind to take part on some kind of special top secret mission? Payment will make you relax for 3 months after. Wanna tag along?

I asked him.

Wow?! Really? Well, you know me. Money make me work work work. What shall we do?

I smiled upon hearing a positive answer from him.

It's kinda risky to tell you over the phone. I'll just sent you where we should meet up.

Alright. I'm in.

Good to know.