South Korea

Jennie~

I am at my aunt's apartment in Hongdae. I arrived here 3 days ago. And I stayed inside the house for goddamn 3 effin' days. As far as I could remember, the last time I visited Korea, was when I was 8 or 10 years old. And it's been ages, I'm already 22. I hardly known my relatives. I close the book I am reading at, when I heard footsteps outside my room. A knock on the door.

Who's that?!

I asked. A woman answered me back.

It's me.

Ah, it's my aunt, my mom's cousin since she doesn't have any siblings like me. I stand up and open the door, we bowed to each other.

What's up aunt? Something wrong?

I asked, of course when I met her at the airport. I already informed her that I will not be staying long. And I also, informed her that I don't want to get disturbed everytime. And for the past 3 days, she did that well and now she showed up suddenly. I am wondering.

Your locking yourself here for 3 days now. Don't you want to go outside and have a fresh surrounding?

Aunt Soo-kwan said.

No thanks. I'm fine staying here.

I answered without looking at her. I just continued reading.

It's not that healthy staying here all the time. You need to have the sun on your skin. You need to breathe fresh air sometimes. And your mom, asked me to take care of you while you are here. So please, take good care of yourself. I don't want her to hear that you're not doing well while staying at my side.

I stared at the book. And look away at the window.

Fine. I'll go outside.

Yeah, my aunt has some point anyways. And I am already bored here. I look at her and she's smiling at me. She patted my head. I was silent for a moment.

Good. Now. Here's your allowance. I just received it a while ago.

Allowance? Why would I have an allowance? I frowned. I am lost. I took the envelope she's handing over and asked..

Why would I have an allowance? I have my own money, I still have my cards with me.

My aunt stared at me.

Didn't your parents informed you already about it? The last time I checked, they said they sent you email. Have you not read it yet?

Email? Oh yeah. I had my phone on airplane mode. And I haven't turned it off yet.

No. I am not checking my email for quite a while.

I answered her back and I grabbed my phone and put it back on service. I've waited until emails are flooding my phone screen.

I see. That explains it. Anyway, please do check your email, there should be a full explanation there. And I have to go now. If you need something, just give me a ring.

I look at her and bow down to bid farewell.  She's gone. Now, I have to look on my inbox.

There you are!

I almost shouted. My heart is beating so fast. I dunno what's happening and the email will explain everything. I opened it.

To : Jennie Kim
From : xxxx.ty@khhdh.com
Subject : Allowance

Hi honey, how have you been lately? It's me mom. I had to create a new email for security purpose. Anyway, this won't be long. While staying at your Aunt, I wanted to inform you that you can no longer use your cards. Your dad already cut them off. So from now on, you will be recieving allowance from us every month, until everything is fix. Your Aunt is living there alone, so please be a good girl. Remember she taken good care of you when you were little. Be healthy and safe. We'll update from time to time. Have patience my dear. We love you a lot.