Unexpected call

Lisa's~~~~~

Damn!

I said. I've been cursing a lot lately. Why? That is because Jennie Kim is nowhere to be found, and she's gone for more than 48hrs now. I went to Chaehee's condo a day before but even her was not there. I went to their office, and her secretary seems dumbfounded as where are her bosses are. Clueless.

I already reported this to the police, to those I personally know. It's a good thing that I can use my rank and connections to get this working in silent cause if not, this might reach Jennie's parents and I definitely do not know what to tell them. I sighed. I also asked some assistance from inside the Military, our intel inside is the best.

And now, I am waiting for my other two friends whom I haven't seen in a while. I drink the vodka I'd ordered, I decided to wait them at the usual club we hang out.

That's rude. Drinking vodka alone?

I look up to see the face of my closest Thai friends. It's the couple, Sorn and Ten. They were also in the military but it is only Ten who is on the field while Sorn is on the office. Ten is smirking at me while Sorn is shaking her head. I grin at them and hugged them tight.

I miss you two dumbassess!

I said which made them chuckled. They settled for a seat and ordered something before starting the conversation.

So, what can we do for you our maknae?

Ten asked which made me pout. I am the maknae now, it was supposed to be Bambam, but since he was..ah never mind. I don't want to be more gloomy remembering him, considering that I am already sad because Jennie is nowhere to be found. I sighed.

I believe you already know what had happened. I actually need your help about this.

I told them. Sorn hold my hand and slightly squeezes it.

It's about Jennie right? So what exactly would you want us to do Lis?

Sorn asked me. I nodded to her and explain them what I wanted them to do.

After our conversation, I contacted Detective Lee if there is any progress on searching for Jennie and Chaehee, but unfortunately there is none. I sighed while walking down my home. I open the door to be welcomed by silence. There is no Jennie. No one to hug me tight whenever I get home. No kisses from my favourite girl. No I love you's from my favourite voice. The house is gloomy. Lonely. Empty.

I sit on the couch, washing my face with my own hands. Feeling the stress of thinking where to find Jennie. Weak if you wanted to define me in one word. I sighed. Feeling that my eyes are getting blurry. I am supposedly a strong person. But it's the love of my life who is missing. Not a friend. Not just someone.

I walk to our room and hug Jennie's pillow. I felt a tear escape my left eye. I hug it tighter and let the water from my eyes to pour down my cheeks. I silently cried over the emptiness I am feeling right now. I stayed like that until I fell asleep and woke up to my phone's buzzing sound, I look at it and saw someone is calling me, it's an unregistered number. I knitted my eyebrows. I look at the wallclock, it's past midnight. Who might be calling me at this hour? I cleared my throat before answering.

Hello?

I said wondering who might be calling me at this nick of time.

Hello? Is this Lisa?

The man's voice asking me, he is surely sounds intimidating.

Yes, this is Lisa. Who am I speaking with?

I asked. My chest is throbbing hard. The man's voice is not familiar. There are questions on my mind right now. What if this man is responsible for Jennie being gone? What if this man is contacting me just to ask money? Kidnappers? My thoughts were cut off by what the man said which almost made me jump from the bed.

I am sorry to bother you at this hour Lisa. I know it's late already, but this is Jennie's father. We need to speak with you personally once we got there in Korea tomorrow. We already know our baby was missing.

The man said, his voice sounds stern and very business like, but I can definitely hear the worries upon his tone. I gulp upon realizing that the fear of reaching them regarding with what happened to their daughter already came true all of a sudden, I imagine Jennie's father right now, he surely is devastated, they might be angry at me for not protecting their daughter. Then I heard a woman on the other line shushing the man.

Hello Lisa? This is Jennie's mom. I am sorry for my husband's approach. He is really intimidating sometimes and rude even on the phone but he's a good man. But anyway sweetie, we really need to speak with you. We'll have someone to fetch you at some place so please keep your line open, okay? We need to talk about Jennie.

Her voice is calm and sweet, but I can sense that there is more to it. I took a deep breath.

Yes Mrs. Kim, I actually did not expect to have a call from you. And I am sorry for what happened but I just want to let you know that I am doing my very best to find your daughter.

I sincerely told Jennie's parents.

I know dear. That's is why, we are going back to Seoul. We need to discuss something to you. See you soon.

Mrs. Kim said and after I bid my goodbye, she hunged up. Discuss something to me? I wonder what it is. I haven't seen them and never had a chance to talk with them before, but they are returning back to Korea because Jennie is missing. Ugh! It is all my fault. This is definitely not the right way to meet her parents when she is missing.

Jennie where are you?

I asked my self while looking at her photo on my phone.

I hope you are doing okay love. I will find you no matter what. I miss you baby.

I said, and tears once again escape from my eyes.