Neighbor's kindness

But you're going to visit your daughter and grandkids don't you Mrs. Song?

I asks her. She held my hand and now we're walking on a slightly different path from where I and Lisa used to walked going to the grocery store. The old woman nodded.

Yes. But it is still early. And besides, I can't let you go alone.

She said while taking a simple peek on our back. I wonder what did Lisa do to make Mrs. Song act like this. I mean, I am grateful that she told me about the car, and that she accompanies me but it is still so much for her to do so.

They are following us. I told you, it is really after you. Oh my god. I will never let them have you, Lisa will be very sad!

The woman told me and I took another sideway glance and my eyes caught the black sedan slowly moving. So it's really after me huh? But who could it be? I ask my self. I am now being literally scared. I regret pushing Lisa to stay at home and I should have called her when the old lady told me to do so. I sighed. I felt Mrs. Song hands squeeze mine. I look at her and she smiled.

Don't worry. Don't panic. As long as we're not alone in the street, they can't do any harm.

She assured me. I smiled at her. Lisa probably might get mad at me for insisting to go alone, I'll just explained it to her later.

Would you mind if I asked, how did you met Lisa, Mrs. Song?

I asked her to ease my curiousity and fear. I saw the old woman smile fondly. She clung on my arms. We look like a mother and daughter bonding, walking now the semi busy street.

Well, I met her at an accident month ago.

I furrowed my brows while looking at her.

I was in a huge debt that time, my husband was sick, my son was just released from jail, I wasn't able to run the store for a couple of days so I don't have enough money when Jong-un came by.

Mrs. Song started to share her story.

Jong-un is a rich man in this town known for bad reputation. He was the one who lend us money to pay for my husband's hospitalization, I don't have other choice that time. I can easily pay him if my son wasn't caught up in trouble and ended in jail. That was awful.

Mrs. Song continued.

And then Jong-un, knocks on the store asking for payment. I was sick that time, I got colds. I explained to him that I can't pay him yet since I don't have enough money to give. It was budgeted already for medicines and necessary things we need. But then, he keeps on insisting. He keeps shouting. Since he is powerful, no one dared to meddle. He cursed and cursed at me. I shushed him but he won't listen. He keeps asking for payment. Then my son walk to us. Telling him to go and we'll pay next time. But Jong-un was really mad, he beats my son and my sick husband came out to stop him but he was also got hurt by Jong-un.

I gasped at her story.

That guy is horrible.

I voice out my opinion. She nods at me, she looks teary eyed now. I touch her hand to comfort her.

It's fine Mrs. Song if you don't want to continue, I perfectly understand that.

I told her. I am really amazed how I changed in just a month. I can clearly understand now how empathy and sympathy works. Mrs. Song look at me and smile.

It's fine. I wanted to share it anyway. So when my husband got beaten by his men, I tried to stop him but I was hurt as well. And then when he was about to hit me again, a tall blonde lady interfere in between. It was Lisa. She stopped Jong-un from hurting me. That time, I told her that it's fine and she might be hurt too if she meddle with us but Lisa said, she can't just watch someone being beaten by a group of guys unjustly. So she talked to Jong-un, asking what's the problem, Jong-un mocks me and tell Lisa the debt I owned him and the reason why I can't pay him yet. That moment, I thought a savior can only be a man, but I was wrong, Lisa saved us, she saved my husband and son, she saved me.