Katsuki Bakugou

Requested by: skylerbeamon

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

His friends (most of whom he refused to verbally acknowledge as such) had pestered him for around half an hour, before he finally gave in, exasperated and bored out of his mind. It began with the pink-skinned girl and the electric blonde - they, for some stupid reason, really wanted to play Truth or Dare. Bakugou obviously thought it was the most idiotic thing in the entire world, and vehemently protested. However, he soon gave in, thanks in part to Kirishima's coaxing. That guy was the only one who knew of his ridiculous crush on you, because he had noticed the way in which the angry blonde restrained himself around you. It was slight, and definitely not something anyone else would have picked up on, unless they were really observing him, which would be hella creepy.

They were sat in a circle, as deformed as it was, with varying degrees of excitement. You could tell that Mina and Denki were raring to go, since they immediately starting chatting amongst themselves about what they should ask certain people. Everyone else could still hear them, which gave a disadvantage, but they didn't seem to care too much. Mina went first, picking Kirishima as her test subject. He instantly chose dare, causing Bakugou to scoff and mutter an offensive, yet oddly endearing word under his breath.

When he had completed the menial and somewhat frightening task of barging into the little purple pervert's room and asking to borrow some porn, he sat back down and picked on Mina. She opted for dare, and the two sort of went back and forth for a while, before Mina suddenly, and abruptly, broke their streak, by asking Bakugou the unsettlingly familiar question.

"Truth or Dare?" She beamed, scooting closer.

He scoffed, not exactly wishing to be part of someone's practical joke.

 "Truth."

Mina's smile became even wider, and some members of the group widened their eyes. This had quite obviously been in the works for a considerable amount of time, and it was likely the entire reason for this game.

"Do you have a crush on (Y/n)?" She questioned, sliding towards him, in a strangely intimidating fashion.

A wave of apprehension flooded his body, and he didn't move a single muscle. His friends expected him to write her words off as ludicrous, and put up a fight. Nobody was banking on him freezing up completely, as though he was an animatronic, and his servos had locked up for the night. He remained on the floor, motionless, and the centre of attention. Then, something extraordinary happened - a bright, crimson hue wormed its way up his neck, speckling his entire face. He was beyond embarrassed, and embarrassment was a foreign notion to him. He was the most prideful person on the planet, but somehow, he had managed to fall for a sweet, innocent young female, and now he felt humiliated for being outed?

In that moment, jaws dropped to the ground, and a few of his friends started squealing like little girls. If he was getting so flustered over one simple question, then the answer was obvious. It was possibly the worst move he could have made, because all of a sudden, he was tackled to the ground. They were sitting on his arms and legs, preventing escape, and his palms were turned to the floor, so that he couldn't explode them. He still seemed too utterly shocked to do anything other than feebly squirm underneath them, and Mina took this golden opportunity to do some further digging.

"How did you know you liked her? When was it?"

Unbeknownst to the group, you had literally just waltzed in, but backed up slightly upon witnessing that glorious event. You stifled a giggle, watching as Bakugou was captured and interrogated by his peers. You really wanted in on the action, but you also wanted to listen to the conversation from afar, as you weren't exactly sure if they would be comfortable with your unexpected appearance. After all, you were currently intruding on their game time. You sipped your drink. So far, you hadn't actually heard anything they said, other than that most recent line from your pink-haired friend.

Bakugou sighed and went limp, trying to avoid eye contact with everyone. It was an annoying predicament, and one that he didn't really see a clean way out of. So, he decided to spill the beans.

"It was during the quirk apprehension test. I thought she had a cool power, and she looked alright, and then she just started popping up everywhere. At first, it was fucking irritating, but I got mad when she talked to that shitty nerd, and then I realised I had a fucking dumb crush on her. That good enough for ya?" He spat, a groan passing his lips.

Mina clapped. "You've liked her since the first day! Oh my god, it's just like a Shoujo anime!"

You bit your lip - he was probably referring to Ochaco.

"Dude, I wasn't expecting that!" Sero exclaimed.

Kirishima nodded. "You should tell her, man. I'm sure (L/n) likes you just as much!"

That was when you dropped your glass.

[Word Count: 859]