Neito Monoma

Requested by: xXCookieHeavenXx

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a chance encounter - polar opposites glimpsing one another in a quaint café, instantly feeling the powerful palpitations of both your hearts. His aquamarine eyes widened, as though he wasn't expecting such an unknown sensation. You scanned each other, completely bewitched. He took a step forwards, and you followed suit. Soon, you were engaged in a wordless interaction, settling down at a table sequestered at the back of the luncheonette. At some point, after what could have been days, you averted your gaze, to focus on something less interesting, and letting embarrassment overwhelm you. His Adam's apple bobbed nervously. He wondered what had happened to his usual, prideful demeanour.

When the atmosphere became tense and stifling, he broke the ice. "I'm Neito Monoma. I thought you might want to know."

You suddenly felt like laughing; this guy was something else. "(Y/n) (L/n)."

Oddly enough, that name sounded familiar. You tested it, and it rolled off your tongue like poison. Your companion had certainly consulted with some divine entity before conception, because he was stunning. However, his personality was flaming horse crap. This, you managed to piece together quite easily. The mischievous way in which his lips tugged upwards reminded you of the arrogant jackasses in horror films, who, thankfully, always seem to die first. You were sure he was a timebomb, just waiting to spark an argument. Honestly, you weren't ready to be on the receiving end of his insults, but if he insisted on being so very cocky and self-important, you might have to walk away, and hope the pounding of your heart died down, before you suffered cardiac arrest. As you were thinking of an escape plan, he released an uppity chuckle.

"I go to UA, by the way - the Heroics course, obviously. Did you watch the Sports Festival? You should, but nothing past the Cavalry Battle. That damned Class A stole the show, as always." When he mentioned your class, you froze.

Deciding to humour him, you muttered, "Yeah...thanks. I'll do that."

He snorted. "They think they're so superior, just because they got attacked by villains a few times. Can you believe the audacity?"

"I can't even begin to fathom it." You answered, sipping on a cup of tea.

"I know, right? It's ridiculous! And they have some very strange students." He touched his head dramatically.

With that, his voice really started to grate on you; he was talking about your classmates - people you were extremely close to!

A furious undertone laced itself in your words. "Well, you don't know what their circumstances are, so what's the point in judging them so much? Surely you don't know them very well. You're viewing things at a shallow level - looking in the window, from the back garden. You don't hear what they have to say, apparently, otherwise you wouldn't be so irritatingly judgemental."

He narrowed his eyes. "Oh? If you knew them, you wouldn't be defending them. Especially not Bakug-"

You shot out of the chair, drawing unwanted attention to yourself, as the wooden legs dragged on the ground. With a final defiant glance, you stormed out of the café. Now it dawned on you; although you had never met him before then, your peers had mentioned a blonde with a superiority complex, from Class B. Your face flushed. How could you fall for someone so aggravating? - someone who obviously and absolutely despised your class' very existence, much to the dismay of his comrades. If you ever stumbled upon each other again, there would most likely be hell to pay. Even he must have recognised why you grew so emotional whilst he talked condescendingly about your classmates.

During the subsequent days, you evaded anything that involved being close to the other heroics class. You strayed far from the cafeteria, choosing instead to eat in your classroom, where you actually had some half-decent conversations with one not-so-French Yuga Aoyama. However, sometimes, when you were walking alone in the corridors, you would catch a glimpse of Monoma.

You regarded him as an enemy, and you were certain he felt the same.

Once, you were wandering back to your classroom with Midoriya, after collecting something for Present Mic, and just so happened to bump into your arch-nemesis. He sneered and raised his chin, giving you a distasteful look, and spewing out some nonsense about how great his class was, and "Everyone in Class A should just drop out, because none of them are any good at what they do." As much as it annoyed you, Midoriya ushered you away, to avoid confrontation. Monoma's psychotic laughter could still be heard from a mile away.

You really didn't feel like explaining your initial meeting with the devil incarnate, so you simply hauled yourself over to your desk, trying to calm your raging heartbeat. Falling further down this rabbit hole didn't seem like a very safe, or clever idea.

Unfortunately, a few weeks later, a joint training session commenced, and there was no escape. You were partnered up with the blonde, despite your wide eyes and silent pleading. His smirk was literally melting you. This was incredibly dangerous for your health. Every word that slipped from his lips dripped with malice. His eyes looked predatory, almost as if he was sizing you up for consumption.

"We meet again. It's a shame you're in Class A." He mocked.

You snorted. "Oh yeah? How come?"

"Because I actually quite like you."

[Word Count: 910]