Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu

Requested by: Tinyzfayz

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nobody was supposed to approach you.

It should have been impossible, given the clear deterrents - headphones, and study materials splayed out across your desk. Surely, you were far too sombre, too plain-looking, to arouse any curiosity?

Nobody was supposed to befriend you.

But this boy was so transparent in his intentions, so pure of heart. Soon, you were learning to bask in his hot-headed aura. He was simple and straightforward, always asking you for tutelage and getting overjoyed when you actually agreed. It was something you found endearing, something that only drew you closer, dismantling all your walls. It was a beautiful friendship, between an extrovert and an adopted introvert. But...it became so much more.

Nobody was supposed to catch your fancy, quite like him.

Never before had you wished so earnestly to change, to slather yourself in make-up and buy cuter clothes. This might not progress past a silly, unrequited crush - you being the quintessential pining teenage girl, but an effort had to be made! You couldn't just allow someone else to snatch him up! She would be one lucky bitch, but you rejected the mere thought. That tuft of messy, grey hair, and those beady black eyes...they were all yours. This, you would ensure. Naturally, your jealousy bubbled away like a witch's potion, whenever he looked at another girl, let alone spoke to one. Kendo was on thin ice. Kodai's very existence boiled your blood. Maybe you would boil her.

What a pleasant fantasy.

Tetsutetsu definitely noticed - your shy shell seemed to be cracking, ever-so-slightly. It caused his heart to soar amid the fluffiest clouds, and prance among a field of the most fragrant flowers. He didn't exactly understand the purpose of altering your image, since...how was it possible to improve on perfection? But it was your life, your cute face and fashion, so he would respect it with all his might! He adored every inch of you, never once finding fault in your appearance. But what truly set his soul ablaze was your smile - that delicate, little smile. You seldom ever showed it, preferring instead your monotone façade. It was precious to him, and recently, the frequency with which you wore had been increasing. You were trying to retain his attention, for as long as humanly possible.

Flirting wasn't your speciality, and you couldn't trust yourself with pick-up lines. A fierce blush roamed up your neck and cheeks, each time you practised something. It was impossible to accomplish verbally. So you were resolved to settle for this.

You did, however, muster up enough courage to haul ass over to the table of Eijiro Kirishima, during lunch - following the Sports Festival, the two had bonded, so you figured that he might be able to provide some advice. He ended up relaying Tetsutetsu's love of fighting games, some of which you bought and briefly attempted to master. Unfortunately, you soon realised that the level of stress experienced simply wasn't worth it. There also came a time when, after the construction of the dormitories, when you were put in charge of cooking for the entire class. Due to spinach being something Tetsutetsu loved, you completely ruined the meal by adding far too much of it. Needless to say, you had issues.

Who didn't?

You battled constantly with photo-realistic daydreams - oftentimes, you forgot whether certain scenarios actually happened, or if they were simply fabrications. You dreamed of confessing to him, of kissing beneath the stars...

But you were quiet, and all semblance of confidence drained away at the mention of his name. Despite this, your love was neither shallow nor fragile; it was foolish to believe in an easy surrender. When the summer of your second year reared its head, and the blinding sun cast its rays upon the Earth, your feelings finally reached him. It began with a notebook, open on a heartfelt poem, and ended with a celebration. Your joyful tears stained his shirt, but in that moment, nothing really mattered. Nothing except you and him, together as one. His embrace was tight. He felt safe. He felt...warm. This was a sensation you wanted stitched into the very fabric of your being. You never wanted to forget. You would remember it. You would remember him...always and forever.

You wouldn't be separated - not even by death.

⥊⥋ ⥊⥋ ⥊⥋

Two years later, and not a scrap of evidence had surfaced.

It was surely a villainous act. His gut twisted at the thought. But this was the jurisdiction of the police. They had specialised teams, search and rescue, dogs...

Something about this screamed foul play - it always had. But there was nothing. Absolutely nothing! No body, no blood...no clues. Nothing! The past plagued his mind, and it stabbed his heart. The day his intrigue took over, and he peered at that unassuming page...when among the eloquent lines he discovered his name, when you were confronted, and oh - that bashful look...

He remembered everything: every tiny detail of your face, every gentle caress, every promise you ever made...

Why had you never told him? You never mentioned the strictness of your parents, or the privilege you were born into. You refused to acknowledge the fresh bruises littering your arms, even when he pressed for answers. You didn't say how your parents disapproved of him, or how they tried everything within their power to weaken your love. You didn't talk about the arrangements made behind your back, for marriage, for the future - the ones from which he was absent.

And now...now you couldn't. He had to uncover that alongside everyone else, in the damn news! The sorrow lingering in his eyes only grew with each passing day, as your case received less and less media attention. It was always the same information: your parents had done a single interview, before demanding a lawyer, and now they just wouldn't cooperate with police.

(L/n) (Y/n): Missing, presumed dead. Homicide investigation. Parents are suspects, and have both refused polygraphs.

He wanted you back.

He hadn't finished loving you.

[Word Count: 1009]