Oboro Shirakumo

Requested by: HALL0-SH1R4KUM0

[A/N]: This is my first time writing for him, so I'm not sure how it will be. I tried not to make the reader too much like a Yandere, but we'll see...

Oh, and the requests are closed, as of now! I'll likely re-open them when I have completed all the others!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's gotta be a disorder, right?! That level of obsession just ain't normal!" It might have been a thought mistakenly shared aloud, but in retrospect, something was definitely wrong.

Shirakumo sent him a look, halfway between 'What the hell?' and 'I know, right?' "She's just being friendly! See, she even made me a bento - with sushi!"

"She always makes you food, though. You don't even bother with the cafeteria anymore! And what about all the times she's glared or growled at us?" Yamada continued, trying in vain to open his friend's mind to the possibility that you may harbour a poisonous affection for him.

"Oh, man! She growls at you? Never heard that one before!" The boy was laughing as usual, radiant smile distracting from the slight spark of worry that flickered in his eyes.

Yamada and Aizawa just sighed. "Yeah, all the time! Makes us feel all on edge, and kinda scared to hang with you, y'know?"

Now, that was an issue. "Okay, okay. I'll talk to her about it - try to set some boundaries. How 'bout that? Sound good?"

"Right, but what about all the pictures? She must have hundreds, maybe even thousands by now! Are you just gonna let her keep them?" The blonde whisper-yelled, discretely scouring the area, to ensure you weren't listening in.

Shirakumo blinked, confusion etched on to his features. "She's part of the Photography Club though, right? She needs them for projects or something."

"This school doesn't have a Photography Club! You honestly didn't know that?" Aizawa chimed in, fed up of his friend's oblivion.

"Oh...you sure?" This was now Shirakumo, woefully in denial.

That was early this morning, before the first lesson.

Mistrusting you was a difficult task, for his heart ached at the mere thought. In truth, he had long been bewitched by your unique personality: shy and happy, with an almost unrivalled kindness, yet with a hint of obsession and the desire to possess, veiled behind simple over-protection. Sometimes, you were able to act as a sister, looking out for predators - those who might have reason to harm your 'friend'. Shirakumo had noticed your distaste toward a certain third year (Nemuri Kayama), but brushed it off as possible insecurities being highlighted in her presence. Women were still quite a mystery to him, after all.

In spite of your strange, borderline deranged behaviour, Shirakumo truly basked in all the attention. Anyone who rejected gifts from the person they adored, or a chance to deepen their relationship, was a coward and a fool. You were already perfect wife material, in his mind - an outstanding lunch was prepared for him, every single day without fail, and you helped him study, and you always happened to be nearby when something went awry...

Actually...'always' seemed a severe understatement, in the grand scheme of things - although it was the only word he could have possibly employed. Did you share some psychic connection, or were you just a stalker? That, he had to admit, was a little unnerving. He wondered how much knowledge you had compiled on his life, if you had the intimate details of his family, friends and private habits. Given this epiphany, he felt unable to doubt even the wildest theories. You probably knew everything. And then, of course, he remembered all the personal questions you had posed over the years, and he regretted providing completely accurate answers.

The rain started to pour, and he imagined the drops as clarity being poured on to all those memories. Nemuri was a target of your extreme jealousy, wasn't she? Yamada and Aizawa too, were they burdens to you - people hindering your end goal? What even was your end goal? Shirakumo, by all accounts, was an air-head. 'Clarity' really just meant he was beginning to understand the bare-bones of the situation. The jealousy was, in hindsight, very easy to discern.

...Wait. You were an established stalker, yes? So...perhaps there were other, discreet methods of monitoring being used, right under his nose? His phone immediately became subject to inspection, but he couldn't find an open voice-recorder or a camera. Were you even able to hack?

Yes, but...it was for his own protection. What if something awful, or tragic, befell him in your absence? What if he couldn't handle it alone? Yamada and Aizawa couldn't be trusted with the safety of your beloved. It was your vocation, your life's mission, to protect Shirakumo, to shield him from the dangers of this world. The two of you were destiny-bound, soulmates, lovers...right?

Your jealousy was, dare I say...abnormal. It wasn't simply extreme, but delusional. You firmly believed that your love was reciprocated. He had given consent for the pictures, and he never refused the food you offered. Your entire life, your being, was his to command. Your dedication to providing for him, showering him with affection and only leaving his side when absolutely necessary, was astonishing. The thoughts roaming your head were near-villainous. Should you kidnap him? Should you use rope or handcuffs? Should you forcefully break off all his lines of communication? Maybe even his bones, so he couldn't escape? He could rely on you entirely! He didn't need anyone else...did he? Surely you were enough?

Oboro Shirakumo...oh, where to begin? Handsome, gallant, insouciant...the list could continue forever. There was nothing you didn't love (except perhaps his friends, the fact that he hadn't yet entrusted his heart to you, etc...).

While your fantasies were raging, your phone buzzed. It was a message - from him!

Oh my god, oh my god...play it cool, (Y/n)! C'mon, just like you practised! Ooh, he'll be mine in no time!! Hell yeah I can meet you on the roof, you beautiful human!

A squeal passed your lips; you just couldn't contain it. As you explored the many possibilities (Could this be a confession? Does he want to spar?), your mind wandered to the conversation those three boys held this morning. Yamada had checked for you, but still managed to miss the tuft of hair peeking out from around the corner. That left a sour taste - couldn't your prince see that he was being corrupted? Maybe you would deal with them, later...

It took very little time to reach the roof. You were no Olympic athlete, but you were running on love - obsessive love. Shirakumo's ever-present smile had faded slightly. It wouldn't have been obvious to a regular observer.

"Hi, Oboro! What did you need? Is this about Yamada? Or maybe Kayama?" That woman's name tasted disgusting on your tongue.

Shirakumo shook his head. "Nah...just wanted to ask why you're always clinging to me. It's...kinda weird, y'know?"

You blinked back the confusion. "Weird...? But if you love someone, don't you want to be as close as possible? I only do it because I love you."

"You love me?" Hizashi's words echoed in his mind. "Is that why you took all those pictures? Guess that explains the food as well, right? And all the messages..."

"You don't like it?" There was a strange half-sorrow, half-irritation in your voice.

Did you want his love, or his head? He was feeling very attacked. "Uh - I do! I mean, well...I'm gonna need you to stop...doing so much? It's kinda overwhelming."

"Do you love me, too?"

How persistent could one woman be? "Yeah, but...we can't be together if you're gonna scare my friends. And me."

"I understand. But Kayama isn't your friend anymore, so stay away from her."

If you want her to live...

[Word Count: 1253]