Shouto Todoroki

Requested by: Mitchel789

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As perhaps one of the more mysterious members of Class 1-A, you kept your hobbies and talents tightly under lock and key. It wasn't exactly like they embarrassed you in any way, you just didn't want people prying into your private life too much. The classmates you had and the friends you made were precious to you, obviously, but you desired some semblance of solitude every once in a while. For this, you would sequester yourself in a deserted part of the UA building, or your dorm room, blast some classical music and allow your body to follow the rhythm. Dancing built up your endurance, as well as providing you with heightened patience, which bled comfortably into your hero training. Nobody ever questioned your antics, or what happened when you abandoned the commotion that was the company of your classmates. Well, nobody except the resident hot-and-cold boy, Shouto Todoroki. You see, over the last few months, he had developed something of an unhealthy fascination with you - it could even be called an obsession. He frequently tailed you, trying to locate where you sneaked off to, but so far, he hadn't quite managed.

"Sorry, I'm not going to the cafeteria today." He mumbled, partway through a conversation with Midoriya. "I need a walk."

Since he didn't elaborate any further, the green-locked teen thought it best not to ask any questions. He watched as his friend wandered off. The boy's mismatched eyes scanned the classrooms he walked by, not entirely certain what he was looking for. You were on his mind, of course, but he never expected that he would find you. After all, his searches always turned up nought, and he had to trudge back with a heavy heart. As he proceeded further down the corridor, he contemplated a few things.

First: why did you always appear so much more joyous around the extroverted individuals in class, such as Kaminari and Ashido? Although he couldn't exactly place a label on his feelings, anyone else would have automatically recognised it as jealousy - an insane level of jealousy. When examining you, he often snapped his pencils (accidentally), because he was discontented with your cheerful expressions. It was a strange set of circumstances - he always imagined wishing the very best for the one he loved, but with you, he found that he simply couldn't allow it. If you weren't pronouncing your utmost affections to him, then what did your happiness matter? He loved you dearly, with all his heart; he loved you so much more than he had ever loved anyone. Second: what on god's green Earth did you do when alone? Surely being isolated from him wasn't doing you any favours. You must have missed him. Perhaps that was the very reason for your departure - you just wanted to drown in thoughts of him. His twisted mind convinced him that this had to be the case. Why else would you be apart from him?

Deep in unrealistic fantasies, he nearly neglected to hear the music coming from a supposedly unoccupied room. He almost walked past it. Heaven forbid he actually did that. Humming along to the tune, your voice was magical. He instantly identified it as yours, pressing himself up to the door, in order to listen more clearly. There was a small window beside the door, which he utilised immediately. He had to strain at first, but shortly thereafter, he glimpsed your gorgeous figure, floating and flitting around the room. You looked absolutely marvellous, still clad in your school uniform, standing on your tip-toes and twirling around like a prima-donna.

You danced with total serenity, like nobody was watching. You didn't think anyone was watching, anyway. Not until your shining (e/c) eyes flickered open, washing a bright white light over you - damn florescent lights. They were capable of some serious damage to your retinas. Once your gaze descended from the ceiling, you noticed a flash of aquamarine. You thought this a little odd, but it was a split-second event, a fleeting moment...Until Todoroki decided to make his presence known. He opened the door slowly, still managing to startle you. In an instant, your demeanour shifted. You ceased to dance. You didn't make a sound. You were so unsure, so confused and just shocked by the situation. You had genuinely figured that nobody would find you in such an innocuous area. Worst of all, it was your long-time crush, and the prettiest boy in the class.

"I heard music." He stated plainly, his steely orbs burning holes into your soul.

"O-Oh...do you need something?" You asked, praying to all the gods you could remember - you wished to be left alone again. There was no possible way you could deal with being in the same space as Todoroki, especially when you were the only two people.

You half-expected him to flit his gaze around the room, but he stood completely motionless, staring directly at you. It was beginning to seem a bit creepy, although you had to admit that you loved the attention; you had just hoped it would manifest in a slightly different way. Todoroki was aloof, never speaking any more than necessary, and he barely spoke to you at all. The malicious gleam behind his eyes was well veiled, for you failed to perceive it. Then again, you did try to find the good in everyone, so it was possible that you wouldn't have noticed either way. He remained in his disconcerting position, as your own eyes drifted around the room. Panic was starting to well up inside you, threatening to burst through your veins.

"No." He responded at last. Then, as if it were an afterthought, he added, "You're good at dancing. Has anyone else seen you?"

Shaking your head, you replied with mild outrage. "It's nothing I would want them to see! It's just a hobby, that's all."

He nodded, understanding. "Good. Don't let anyone else see it. Ever."

"I wasn't planning to, but...can I ask why?" You took a slight step backwards, prompting him to move closer - perhaps in an effort to trap you. There was a wall behind you.

His answer sent chills creeping down your spine, but you weren't completely sure whether to laugh or cry; he stated it as the whole truth, and nothing but. 

"Because, you're mine."

[Word Count: 1053]