Fumikage Tokoyami

Requested by: mercymoney99

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shimmering within those vast, (e/c) pools, was an untamed sorrow that could only be described as utterly heart-wrenching.

Alas, it was all a façade, yet a very convincing one. This boy, so dark and brooding, had enraptured your senses so mightily, but he didn't appear to appreciate the majesty of a warm embrace. You wanted to share it with him, but you knew that his barriers wouldn't be easy to splinter. So, this plan had been concocted by the tricksters in your mind. Firstly, you would veil yourself in despair, and then, surely, he would offer some degree of comfort? And if he still refused to initiate the hug, despite the incentive, you wouldn't hesitate to pounce on him.

"(L/n)..." His voice trailed off, as he inched ever-closer. "...Did something happen? Is there any way I could help you?"

Maintaining your play of inconsolability, you simply shook your head, believing that your tongue may betray you. Tokoyami strode closer, closer, eventually dropping down to meet you on the floor. Tremors fluttered through his entire being. Who, or what, had caused such great upset? His eyes, widened with fear, confusion and an unfamiliar anger, washed over you, checking for any sign of physical injury. When none could be located, a relieved sigh bled into the air, pausing above his head as more wretched noises consumed his ears. Desperation was eating away at the poor boy, and he subconsciously reached out a hand. It stopped mere seconds from ghosting across your cheek. He fought back a blush. Had he wished to caress the tears from your delicate face? He refrained, ignoring the pleading of his heart. That would be an unholy violation of your personal space, and it could cost him your friendship.

He wasn't willing to sacrifice something so precious, just for a fleeting nuzzle of his hand to your cheek.

Clearing his throat, he addressed you once more. "(L/n)? Can you tell me what's wrong?"

Questions and words riddled with comfort, with love, bubbled on his tongue. Suddenly, they escaped, riding silently amongst your violent sobs. His own melancholy seemed to drip from the ceiling, slowly, yet it managed to seep into his soul. This false emotion was yours, and it was overpowering. Tokoyami felt tiny daggers in the corners of his eyes, coaxing a waterfall out of his tear-ducts. He wanted to cradle you in his arms. He wanted to remain snuggled up with you, until the icy finger of Ragnarok bestowed ruin upon the world.

You noticed him growing sombre, which induced a panic within your heart. It was thundering against your rib-cage, growling at your brain for brewing such a dastardly plan. But...if you revealed the truth now, he would certainly hate you. This couldn't be allowed to happen - you loved everything about this boy, from those dramatic one-liners that never failed to etch a smile across your face, to his outward appeal. Mere human words weren't enough to describe the level of artistry that must have been required to create such a wonderful person.

Your heart begged for his forgiveness, but your tongue did not.

Now, the flow of tears was genuine, unable to be given respite. You couldn't think properly, when you flung yourself into his arms. Shock furrowed his brows, but he summoned no effort to remove you.

Stiffly, he mirrored your action, wrapping his arms around your trembling frame. He was careful, affection permeating your skin. All filthy pretence was abandoning you in this moment, leaving a pure scene - one in which serenity and love could finally thrive. 

...You definitely got that hug. 

[Word Count: 603]