Shouto Todoroki {Omegaverse AU}

Requested by: Shinoni

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mating wasn't something either party had ever actually considered. However, solely from an outsider's perspective, the two of you appeared intertwined together in the unwavering clutch of a crimson string. The bi-coloured Alpha understood, from your recollections, the severity of an Omega's heat, and therefore vowed to do whatever was required to alleviate your suffering. That was why mountains of Alpha-scented clothes littered your nest, mixed in with some of the heavily sweat-stained garments which clung to his body during training. Having such a powerful, soothing fragrance flooding your room made the heats slightly less painful. And, when an overwhelming stress-scent caused his peers to recoil, you were always there to wrap gentle arms around him and fight off the negative energy.

You definitely possessed a calming presence, and being engulfed in the potent stench of his favourite Omega never failed to paint a smile on to his features. The soulmate-like bond between you tricked many of your classmates; they assumed that it would be absurd if you weren't already mates. After all, an Alpha who didn't immediately pounce on such a loving Omega, in their time of vulnerability, was a rarity. His desire to ease your pain, whether for a heat or simply your day-to-day, overshadowed the primal lust he surely must hold for you. The other Alphas in class were friendly with you, but they didn't dare grow too hands-on, lest they face the wrath of Todoroki. They just didn't understand that an Alpha and an Omega could develop such a close-knit bond, without a complimentary mating mark.

However, during hero training, the nape of your neck was exposed. The skin looked virginal, unviolated, a mark nowhere in sight. So, your classmates bided their time. They wanted, no, they needed answers to this most pressing matter. They waited until that evening, when everyone would be easily accessible in the dormitories. Kaminari was chosen for the task, and while he wasn't thrilled, he too demanded answers, and so agreed to the interrogation mission.

As he rounded the corner, silence enveloped the room. From his position, two figures could be spotted, entangled within each other's arms. Being a little shorter than Todoroki, your head was nestled into his neck, delicate strands of white and crimson tickling your skin. The male's head had been placed atop yours, his arms snaked around your back and waist. There was definitely something sketchy about this situation, so Kaminari manoeuvred further into the room. The shuffling of feet caught your attention, causing your eyes to flutter open, gently. Todoroki, noticing that someone had woken his precious Omega-

Wait...his Omega? His precious Omega...?

-turned to glare at the perpetrator. Even as he acknowledged the form of his electric-blonde classmate, walking closer towards them, the glint of pure malice in Todoroki's eyes refused to leave.

"Uhm..." You drawled, clearly still sleepy from the day's events. "...what's going on, Shou?"

Lips ghosting your forehead with a chaste kiss, he replied, "Nothing. Go back to sleep."

Nodding you did as instructed, releasing a blissful sigh as you drowned deeper in those relaxing Alpha pheromones.

"Hey, Todoroki?" The golden-eyed boy started, rubbing his cheek awkwardly as he attempted to avoid the irritated glare being directed at him. 

"So...the rest of the class noticed that you and (L/n) aren't bonded, but you're really close. I mean, you scent her clothes and she's the only one who seems able to calm you down. Just wondering if there was any reason for not marking her, 'cause you're definitely in love with each other, right?"

Todoroki's gaze softened, tearing away from the blonde, to observe the Omega in his embrace. His lips tugged upwards, heart thundering wildly in his chest. 

"Oh, that explains a lot."

[Word Count: 622]