Rumi Usagiyama ღ Miruko

"Miss Miruko, please stay still! If you keep doing that, your wounds will re-open!" This was a desperate plea, from the deepest depths of your heart.

A voice so imbued with compassion was usually difficult to refuse - not to mention you had acquired a talent for soothing. This woman fought viciously against it. There wasn't an ounce of common sense in her actions, and yet the determination she displayed, the passion for her work...it struck a chord. Or perhaps even a heart-string. You couldn't deny your insane attraction to her. I mean, this was Miruko! Only the visually and auditorily impaired could be forgiven for not harbouring some romantic feeling. Still, she was a saviour of the people - her worth certainly didn't rest on her appearance.

But this? It was exasperating. The second your attention wavered, she would jump from that hospital bed and try to escape its safety. Bringing her back was painful. She resisted all efforts to calm her - there was so much adrenaline surging through her system, and what about the villains? If she couldn't beat someone up-- eh...bring them to justice...then what was she supposed to do? Her job might be in jeopardy, and what if no-one else policed the streets? If she knowingly allowed a criminal to wander, free from their deserved shackles, then she wasn't upholding the law! Heroes existed for a reason: to beat up bad guys!-- To, um...apprehend villains! She also once decided upon this unsavoury excuse: weren't you, simply by confining her to a hospital bed (ignore that she was bleeding quite severely), aiding and abetting the criminals?

The half-confused, half-disgusted look you sent her was hilarious - so you were told.

"It's not that bad! I can get back out there and plant my fist in some-"

"The bed is covered in blood!" Clearly, she wasn't listening to reason, but you still persisted. "You need to take it easy for a while. If you don't, then you'll just be out of commission for longer. You don't want that, right?"

She grunted. "Guess not..."

Alright, time to bribe her with some carrots!

"So, your character profile says you like carrots! I got you some, and you can have them if you promise you won't leave this bed again, until you're all healed." You dangled a bag in front of her, watching those gorgeous, crimson eyes suddenly light up.

"My what?"

You coughed. "Doesn't matter. Do you promise not to leave again?"

"Yeah, yeah. I'll stay. Are you gonna be here the whole time?...My only nurse?" There was a slight hesitation that your sigh of relief managed to hide from your ears.

"Hm? Yes, I was assigned to you, and I'll be here until you've made a full recovery. But, uh...if you want another nurse, I can always ask..." You trailed off, trying not to sound too obvious or whiny.

The bag of carrots opened. "Nah, you're fine. I was just wondering. Keepin' it consistent, huh? That's good."

Why wasn't she shortening her sentences? They were beginning to wander into anxious, awkward territory. Maybe she wanted to prolong the conversation? Maybe her adrenaline rush was dying down? Oh, you hoped so! Ever since arriving at this hospital, two days ago, her sleep schedule had been erratic. She couldn't be lulled into equanimity. Perhaps this would be her opportunity for respite? Even just a few hours...

"Yeah! I'm going to leave now, so you can get some sleep. How does that sound?" You posed, readying yourself and your papers.

"Terrible." Ah, a single word - dangerous, so very dangerous.

And...all the eye-contact? Any moment, you would short-circuit. "O-Oh...? What's so terrible?"

Did you say or do something of offence? "You should stay here. If I have to, what's the point in you leaving? I might run again."

"You promised not to!" Actually, travelling back into the recesses of your memory, you realised that she hadn't ever copied that phrase.

Were you an idiot...? Rhetorical question - of course you were! "Do you have anyone back home?"

"No...it's just me." You replied, fatigue etched on to your features.

The gods had only granted you so much patience. "Then you don't need to go there, right? I could be out kicking some villain butts, but I'm staying here."

"I guess...gotta make sure you don't take flight." This woman was a brawler, and her words captured that perfectly.

Her dominant, self-confident attitude called to the delicate, blossoming flower of your heart. It always had, and it likely always would. But...a hero and a nurse? Someone who thrived in the public eye, and someone who cared very little for it? Would it be a Heaven-made match, or would the Devil strike it down? Regardless, the last thing you expected was an invitation.

"Are you into women? Cause you're gentle and cute. I kinda like it!"

[Word Count: 811]