Shouto Todoroki

Requested by: Atucue

[A/N]: I'm not over Hawks yet (nor will I ever be), but I figured you needed a break, and I wanted to get this out. I don't know if this requires a spoiler warning...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The power pirouetting through your veins seemingly had very few limitations. A difficult one to combat, however, was extreme heat - the kind produced by a certain asymmetrical boy from Class A. Needless to say, you weren't thrilled to be fighting him today. It was an opportunity for joint training between classes A and B, but you, much like Monoma, were far from a worshipper of your rivals. With every fibre of your being, you detested them, for no greater reason than they always stole the spotlight.

Especially that damned Shouto Todoroki.

Gods, how you loathed him. That couldn't have possibly been an elaborate cover for your unrelenting affections. Nope, not at all! Giggling like a love-struck...like a champion, you prepared yourself to fight - to show Class A exactly why you were so worthy. And overall, to prove that you were capable of controlling your emotions - those stupid, insignificant feelings holding your heart captive. You had a unique quirk, and you were going to flaunt it. Who knows, maybe that dense boy would finally acknowledge you as a threat?...Or a lover? You berated your mind in silence, to save Monoma catching on. He, of all people, couldn't ever figure out your dirty little secret. He would be horrified, and he'd likely shun you for the rest of eternity.

Are you ready to lose, peasants?

The threat of abandonment by your classmates stopped you from ever articulating your burning desire to transfer into Class A. You simply couldn't help it! It contradicted everything you said, but they were certainly the superior class - they had Shouto Todoroki, for gods' sake! Not only that, but during the Sports Festival, Class A absolutely demolished everybody else! You hadn't even managed to secure a place in the Top Three, and your power was unrivalled!

Okay, maybe 'unrivalled' is a big too egotistical...but it is a dope quirk.

The signal echoed, and the training began in full. You expected it to be intense, especially considering who you were paired against. Though, from what you had observed, Todoroki usually prioritised his ice over fire, so you prayed that your defences would hold. You reminded yourself not to rely on such tactless stalking, but you never listened.

(Y/n)? Yeah, she's an idiot.

Drawing upon the movements and abilities of characters from the Marvel Cinematic Universe, you created protective shields and used incredible speed to dodge your opponents. The intricacies of your quirk were as follows: you could, essentially, imagine things into existence, but only by witnessing them in action. Thus, dusting up on your Marvel films every once in a while wasn't a bad shout. It served as a wonderful confusion for the target, as they tried to comprehend the magnitude of the situation. You were able to use multiple powers at once, but your favourite (and the model for your main costume) was Pepper Potts' Rescue suit. You donned it now, shooting repulsors from your hands. This seemed to dazzle Tenya Iida the most, but he was gaining speed quickly. You were faster, and shot at one of the metal beams above his head. It fell, trapping him underneath. Thankfully, it was quite hollow, so it wouldn't injure him too badly.

"Good going, (Y/n)!" Kendo cried, using her own quirk to block the path your team was taking.

That isn't the extent of my power, Class A. If I can just get close enough to one of them, without being caught myself...I could use a sling ring to drop them into that cage...

It was a risky proposition, yes, but perhaps you could isolate that bi-coloured boy. You didn't particularly favour the idea of battling against him one-on-one, because he could easily freeze your suit. But...your repulsors could probably fix that issue with ease. However...using the sling ring would require the removal of the Rescue suit...but you could always switch to the Venom Symbiote. Todoroki's fire would cause some complications, but you doubted he would utilise it too much - he was still unsure about it, even succeeding the Sports Festival. You hastily mentioned the plan to Kendo, who agreed with it, purely on the basis of trust. She understood how you operated, better than anyone in the class, and you were tough.

Really tough.

The Rescue suit seemed to melt off your body as you changed. You secured the sling ring on your finger, and headed for your prey. With heightened senses, you picked him out in no time, flinging yourself around the steady beams like a professional gymnast. In this state, your strength, speed and agility were enhanced, so catching anyone off-guard was a piece of cake. But...the cake is often a lie. Somehow, he noticed you. Was he expecting such an ambush? He was alone, cornered, but maintained an expressionless visage. Honestly, your heart was fluttering, but you couldn't let it trip you up. Your team needed this victory, not least of all to quell Monoma's growing envy. Once more invoking the powers of Dr Strange, this time his telekinetic prowess, you threw nearby objects into him, hoping to obscure his line of vision, or cause some physical damage. He became occupied, flames licking the projectiles. Some of them he froze.

Still, you couldn't close in.

Well, this is more annoying than I had anticipated. What should I use next...?

"Just throw one of those big-ass beams at his head, (Y/n)!" A voice yelled from the distance, obviously making no effort to aid in your struggle.

Monoma.

You really weren't in the mood for this. 

A response was growled out. "Say it with a little less venom, and I might be inclined to comply."

Your opponent raised a hand to his chin, half wondering why the onslaught had ceased, half looking on in confusion. "...Was that a bad pun?"

[Word Count: 968]