☃ Izuku Midoriya ☃

A cunning plan was bubbling away amidst the bottomless cauldron of his mind, which he intended to share with you the moment you appeared in his field of vision. With Christmas festivities rocking through the dormitory halls nearly every night, neither of you could sleep a wink. There was simply too much excitement, from advent calendars to the strategically-placed mistletoe. Everyone actively worked to avoid it, especially since the very strict Class President had yet to notice its re-emergence. You and Midoriya had become the butt of a few jokes recently, due to 'forgetting' about the mistletoe, and therefore having to 'reluctantly' suffer the consequences. Neither party actually minded, but they couldn't just announce that to the world!

Who wouldn't want to kiss that fluffy cinnamon roll? 

Who wouldn't want to kiss (Y/n)? She's so nice, and beautiful too! 

It was late evening, but not a soul was sleeping. Well, except for Bakugou, of course. The explosion king's arch-nemesis was currently surrounded by a congregation of carolers. Kaminari and Ashido were leading, royally botching such classics as 'Silent Night' and 'Jingle Bells'. Still, the entertainment was free and highly amusing, so the verdant prince remained. However, the demoniacal plans being concocted inside his brain refused to caress the surface. He was unusually silent, having ceased all mumblings so as to allow for the most covert operation possible. It could only be declassified for one other person: you.

Unfortunately, a lack of motivation on your part, to complete homework, had led to this situation. Before long, Iida was ushering everyone upstairs and to their designated rooms.

"Get some rest, class! We will all need enough energy for tomorrow!"

Thankfully, the time-deprived state in which you worked bestowed a blessing upon Midoriya, when you clambered out of your room. Pressing a finger to his lip and pointing to his door, he blocked your pursuit from view of the watchman. With a final, farewell bidding to Iida, those green locks bounced to the sanctuary of his room, where you awaited, eagerly. The aura of mischief surrounding him was greater than ever, and how this managed to evade the Class President was beyond your limited human understanding. Regardless, this boy had definitely sheathed a trick or two, and so you wanted in. Once the door slammed shut, and the midnight hour stalked ever-closer, the plotting began in full.

There was one quest, of monumental importance, which Midoriya had always sought to undertake. And now, he had resolved to embroil you. The mission? Capture the elusive St Nick. Nothing had ever served to convince the doe-eyed beauty that this holiday legend was simply...a legend. If wonderful heroes such as All Might existed, then Santa was still a plausible entity! You, who nearly always followed in Midoriya's wake, were beyond shaking with anticipation. For a moment, your partner-in-crime figured that you might actually be wrought with a seizure.

"Alright, alright...so we sneak downstairs, to the living room, at around 1? With a big sack! And, once we see him, we throw the sack over him, and then...Yay! We've caught Santa!"

Nodding vigorously, he added, "I don't want to hurt him, I just want to prove that he's real!"

Smacking the boy's back in reassurance, you replied, "Of course he's real! Where do you think all those presents come from?"

"Well...Kacchan told me-"

You sliced through his sentence with an oppressive "Bullshit! That was in Middle School, when he was even more of a dick to you than he is now. Don't take anything he said during that epoch seriously."

"Yeah...you're right!" Glancing towards the bedside clock, he prompted, "What should we do for another hour and a half?"

A thoughtful expression knitted your brows, before you responded with, "We could tell each other some Christmas folktales? You ever heard of Krampus?"

Midoriya's entire being seemed to glow, upon the question. "Isn't he St Nick's companion? While he gives out presents to well-behaved children, Krampus delivers coal...Oh, he also drags the really naughty ones back to his lair! That's why the 5th December is called Krampusnacht. And, there's an event called the Krampuslauf, where people dress up like him, in order to run at and scare others!"

Impressed by his knowledge, you provided another name. "What about the Jólakötturinn?"

"The Yule Cat! It's a massive cat, said to eat anyone who doesn't wear new clothes on Christmas Eve!"

This intellectual, festive discussion proceeded until the clock struck 00:55. Although, if you were completely honest, those mesmerising, star-threaded emeralds could have entangled you forever. A genuine fear consumed you, that upon the severance of your most intimate connection, he wouldn't ever gaze at you again with such intensity and admiration. However, the quest remained, and you were determined not to disappoint. Midoriya slyly poked his head out of the door, but saw nothing of suspect. He signalled to you, and the hunt commenced. Midoriya carried the burden of the Santa-capturing-device (or sack, as it is commonly known).

As your gentle footfalls rounded the corner, a slight shuffling echoed throughout the space. Initially assuming it to be your own mistake, you pressed into the wall, further and further. That was, until Midoriya pointed out the difference in pace, and the numerous other sounds that manifested.

Sharing a brief but meaningful nod, both parties started inching ever-closer to the source of the commotion. Mere seconds later, a tall, lanky figure entered the frame, embellished with a part-milky, part-crimson suit, reminiscent of every storefront Santa. Except...there was something off about this...a static tingling in the atmosphere, something that screamed desperately of a farce. A ringing in your ears alerted you to the now-dropped sack. You glimpsed the utter perplexity swimming within those widened eyes, but only for a moment. Suddenly, a terrifying shriek pierced the air, causing the mysterious not-Santa to twirl on his heels. Dark, sunken eyes and an elongated face greeted you, stripped of its usual, comforting grin.

A double-take was definitely required, and yet everything crashed like cymbals on stone, the minute Midoriya voiced your concerns.

"All Might?!"

[Word Count: 1010]