Keigo Takami ღ Hawks

Requested by: IdioticBaka

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This would prove a significant discovery, if ever it secured his attention - one that was certain to shatter the very foundations of your relationship. The promise of trust and transparency had been upheld from the beginning, for his part. However, Keigo's demeanour and background only pushed the idea of revealing such a secret further into the recesses of your mind. He was flighty, controlled by a spirit that craved freedom, but shackled to his role in this barbarous play of life. The burdens he alone carried already overflowed. And as a consequence of his youth, his inexperience...he couldn't assume another life-altering responsibility. The years had graced you with maturity, but after the masque of confidence and composure was stripped away, Keigo instantly reverted back to a little, lost chicken. As such, he wasn't even half prepared for something so monumental!

Although, was this perhaps the harbinger of doubt? Did you, in actuality, fancy your romance to be little more than a fling, in Keigo's eyes? You were given royal treatment, even elevated to goddess status, but...he was proficient at deception. Why wouldn't he experiment with an office woman - someone who radiated loneliness?...An easy catch. It was a terribly depressive thought, one you should never have entertained...not in a million years.

But, the temptation...

It forced you to question each and every aspect of your relationship. Why had he chosen you, specifically? What could you possibly offer him? You - a single mother, working tirelessly to keep two heads afloat...would he be disgusted, horrified, if he found out? A child...would your son be impossible to fit into the schedule? Would he walk out on all that you had built together, over these past few months? Would he...ask you to quit? Surely, you couldn't continue at his agency, if he decided that you had finally served your purpose?

You couldn't afford to lose this job, nor Keigo's love. So you ignored the weight of your conscience, and vowed that at least for a while, this would remain hidden.

Unfortunately, Keigo's habit of snooping often caused trouble, and today would certainly be no exception. He always liked to spruce up your office space with presents like shiny rocks, odd-looking twigs and his own, crimson feathers - a very homely feel, he assured you. Homely for a bird, perhaps. And now, he happened to have returned from a leisurely patrol, during which he collected quite a few trinkets. Just anything that reminded him of your ethereal beauty, or your interest - herbal remedies, flowers, candles, crystals...he would never allow foreign feathers into your space, though. If you wanted some, you would receive his. And maybe, one day in the not-so-distant future...you might open your heart to the possibility of having his children? That would be the ultimate blessing, a form of praise. Never had he imagined himself so eager to please, and to provide.

He loved it - this strange, yet comforting feeling. It you bestowed the gift of fatherhood upon him, he wouldn't hesitate to accept it with outstretched wings and a wide, genuine smile. The picture made his heart soar, and his soul illuminate with extraordinary happiness. 

Hope was a scary thing, indeed.

The door to your office fluttered open, and he wasn't surprised when you failed to greet him. He had specifically requested you to carry out some other work now, which would grant him enough time to furnish this space with the decorations lying in wait in his pockets.

A satisfied expression wormed its way on to his face, as the task reached its completion. The room had transformed into a messy sort of nest, and he fought the lewd thoughts grappling for purchase in his mind. Really though, if this was a shared house - a family home, then there would be no quarrel about claiming you here, peppering kisses up and down your neck, worshipping every inch of your body, filling you to the brim with...

Hm? What's that?

An ornate picture frame sat atop your desk, engraved with a single phrase: My darling son, (S/n). Keigo examined it extensively, turning it around and wondering how it had acquired pride of place, and why it hadn't captured his attention sooner. (S/n)...those wavy, (h/c) locks cascading down his forehead were all too familiar. But his eyes...the emerald pools that seemed to shimmer with both joy and curiosity...they didn't belong to you. It was such an innocent look, so vulnerable and dependent. You must have been behind the camera, encouraging the young boy to smile so brightly. It was blinding. It was...adorable.

His sole concern was...what negative feelings did you harbour, that forced the concealment of this treasure? You probably held on to that photograph for months, debating whether or not to show him. But...now he had overstepped your boundaries. He had failed as a lover, and as a potential future husband. He hadn't acknowledged your issues of trust, and his prying just progressed beyond any acceptable limit.

He didn't...he didn't want to be abandoned again. He was willing to fight fate, even the gods, to keep your love. Or...if you deemed him undeserving of forgiveness, he would still present a fierce loyalty, still desperately yearn to set things right...He would always care, always protect, always provide for you.

Both of you.

What a cute kid...look at his little nose! He definitely has (Y/n)'s hair. And his smile...he's almost a perfect replica of (Y/n). Wow...why didn't she ever tell me? As if I could hate this...he's just too cute. Ah...I wanna help raise him. I could learn how to cook, right? And clean? How hard can it be? I wouldn't let him have a childhood like mine, or end up like me. I'd raise him right. And I'm sure I'd fawn over him, buy him everything he wanted, so he never has to go without...Maybe we should get him a puppy? I wonder how he'd deal with a sibling...ah, I wanna meet him.

"Keigo? What are you...doing?" Your voice was quivering slightly, despite the warmth of the room.

The startled, sheepish expression on your boyfriend's face clued you in, before your eyes ever ghosted across the item in his hand. "...I can explain."

But you both understood that an explanation wasn't necessary - at least not from Keigo. The steady, silent stream of tears clinging to your cheeks didn't bode well with him, though. "I don't...I-I..."

"Hey, hey, c'mere." Entranced by the tenderness of his tone, you stepped forward, effectively falling into his embrace. "It's okay. I didn't mean to find this - it was right on your desk. Please don't cry. You know I love you, right?"

"I-I'm just not sure, Keigo...and, I have - I have a child! I lied to you! How can you still..."

His wings enveloped you, a stray feather dabbing at your tear-stained face. "You didn't lie to me. You didn't tell me about the kid, sure, but it wasn't like you said 'I don't have a kid.' And I was thinking of starting a family anyway, so it works out! Oh, can I ask you something?"

You nodded, unable to believe in such swift acceptance. "Who's his favourite hero?"

"...Wash."

It was quite a devastating blow, but he could overcome it. The questioning continued, and gradually, you eased into responding. He became an attentive listener, offering to you his sincerest gratitude with each answer. When was his birthday? What toys did he like? How was his personality? He deliberately avoided interrogation about your former partner, but time would divulge those truths. Keigo's fascination...his amazement...they manifested in many glorious ways: hugs, kisses, questions, chirping, and...euphoria.

In that moment, his mind decreed that he would embrace fatherhood, just as he now embraced you.

[Word Count: 1285]