Shouto Todoroki

[A/N]: I finally managed to watch the BnHA movie! I loved it, and there are minor spoilers in this oneshot, I guess...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Idleness wasn't something that ever plagued your days. As the intellectually-capable daughter of a renowned scientist, creating ingenious inventions came naturally to you. A consequence of this, however, was your rivalry with Melissa. However many trophies you had accumulated throughout your student life, it was nothing compared to Melissa's ever-expanding collection. Her achievements eclipsed yours like a black veil over a flame. The expo at I-Island was your chance to shine even brighter than the blonde-haired protégé; it was an opportunity to finally regain some level of faith in yourself. Although, all things considered, you weren't exactly sure what to fashion - what type of quirk would it be suited for? How much power could it withstand? Would it blend in with the hero's (surely) magnificent costume? There were so many things that could backfire, there was so much to lose, including your father's reputation.

Slipping on your night clothes, you breathed a heavy sigh, wondering what the coming days would bring - sun or storm? 

"I really need to figure something out, and fast, otherwise father will probably scold me again, or kick me off the island for good. Then what'll I do?"

Those last few words were grumbled, barely audible, but someone must have recognised the distress laced within. For, upon entering your dreamland, splotches of colour soon became visible, at first seeming like nothing extraordinary, but as you glided closer, your eyes adjusted - you were gazing at a heavenly spectre. Half-crimson, half-snowy locks cascaded from his head, and each of his eyes were a different colour, glinting in the twilight. Adorning his fairly-muscular body was a mirage of blue and white, and a belt from which hung small amounts of emergency supplies. The corners of his lips twisted upwards in a foreign smile, and you swore you were smitten. This boy was everything you, as an architect of support items, needed. He raised both hands, emitting a barrier of ice (which chilled you to the core) from one, and powerful flames from the other. You were enchanted. This boy had two quirks! He was perfect! You could definitely concoct something strong and fashionable to aid him in his future hero-ing, even if he wasn't a real person.

Thus, your muse lulled your mind into a possibility soup, all the styles and variations swirling around. You only had to choose one - something that could perhaps enhance the abilities of fire and ice users. They would have to be separate, because let's face it - who really has those two quirks? However, that beautiful example of asymmetry stayed at the forefront of your mind, until (and even after) you awoke. Immediately, before you were dressed, you began working on a prototype of your newest creation. By mid-afternoon, you had completed it. You started checking for faults in your work, but found none. By the evening, the finished product was lying on your bed, next to your unconscious figure.

A few days sailed past, like boats in the rapids, and finally, the I-Island Exposition was upon you. Melissa wrapped her arms around your form, wishing you luck with your creation, and then skipping away.

"Who's she meeting again? ...Did she even tell me?" You muttered, dropping your shoulders and skulking in the opposite direction.

After a moment or two of aimless wandering, savouring all the sights you had seen a million times before, your feet ceased to move. This was confusing, but you tried to shrug it off. You couldn't. Light giggling could be heard from afar, and you soon realised that you had been caught in the grip of someone's quirk. You smiled, opening your mouth to ask them to release you, when another voice cut through.

"Please let her go. I don't want to use my quirk on you."

A cold shiver swept down your spine. Your smile broadened. You knew this feeling! The frigid tingle in the air, the feeling of ice on your back. Quickly, as if he might slip between the cracks, you snapped your neck around to face him. There he was. That glorious, bi-coloured mane, those twinkling grey and blue eyes...

"Ha, okay man, I was just having some fun. I'll leave you and your girlfriend alone. See ya!" The mystery individual yelled, relinquishing his hold on you and running off.

You dropped to your knees, too stunned to formulate a proper sentence, or even a few simple words. The teenager, or aspiring hero, from UA - Shouto Todoroki - placed a gentle hand on your shoulder.

In a tone that melted your heart, he asked, "Miss, are you alright?"

[Word Count: 769]