Hitoshi Shinsou {Soulmate AU}

Requested by: pettyminhee

{Soulmate AU: Your soulmate's name is on one wrist, and your greatest enemy's on the other. You can't often distinguish between them}.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The name (Y/n) (L/n) was scrawled beautifully on his left wrist, while in place of the opposition, his arch-nemesis, a villain dubbed 'Crescent'. Typically, it was difficult to distinguish between these two, but a codename made it easier. There were barely any records on such a tyrant, but you, his soulmate...

Upon your complete chance encounter, when you first gazed into each other's glittering eyes, he suspected you a goddess. He understood immediately, that you were his destiny. You belonged to Class 1-C, just like him, so there was very little requirement to utilise your quirk. As such, he had no idea of its intricacies. You seemed to genuinely adore both his power and personality, reminding him on a regular basis that if he only trained hard enough, and developed his quirk, then he was free to become whomever his heart desired. The confidence you had managed to instil within him was other-worldly; when you were by his side, he could conquer any evil in a single, fleeting moment.

No mountain peak was unattainable, no river too rough. You mellowed his entire world. His heart refused to beat more thunderously for anyone else.

Yet, under the veil of compassion, of his lover, a dark secret dwelled, so soul-shattering, that you couldn't possibly reveal it to him. If it were ever to caress the air, even in whispered tones, your relationship would certainly fracture. Hitoshi was desperate to forge a heroic path, and you always commended his efforts. This was all real - every last word, every last second. It was an instant infatuation, but your heart swiftly plummeted into the chasm of love. You did everything within your power to etch a smile on to his face. He was gorgeous, and so much stronger than he believed. You prophesied that he would become a wonderful hero, some day. But...you probably wouldn't remain as his anchor. Why would he allow you to? The concept of a secret wasn't eternal, and yours would definitely come to light soon. 

Still...you couldn't tell him. 

You wouldn't.

Blood pumped furiously around your heart, numbing your legs. You smacked them a number of times - you couldn't be caught now. It couldn't be over just yet. You still needed to linger by Hitoshi, for even a moment longer. The Principal's office was neatly organised, and the door secured. Lock-picking was like second nature to you, but this...how on Earth were you supposed to locate the correct documents? The drawers weren't labelled, and no matter which one you opened, nothing of importance emerged. Frustration welled up inside you. Frustration...and sorrow. You knew that Nezu could reappear at any time, without warning, but you had reached a standstill.

Nothing was proceeding as planned.

You failed to clear your mind of Hitoshi's disappointed, and disgusted expression - the one he was bound to show, if you were exposed. It chilled your very core, like you were standing on a frozen lake, surrounded by the mightiest gales. Your feet froze in place. Your heart...your morals...they were shutting your system down. You never wished to be apprehended - to fail your mission, but there was a force, something strong, barrelling into your stomach. Hitoshi. No...you couldn't betray him.

You couldn't...

...not in a million lightyears.

The darkness in your eyes assumed its blackest mantle, as you attempted to glance at the door. Was escape futile? Would you be forced to forfeit any last shred of hope for a blissful life, for a future, with Hitoshi? The blood thrummed in your ears, until you could hear nothing else. When you had initially agreed to an infiltration mission, you hadn't ever dreamed that your soulmate would be there, waiting for you with baited breath. You hadn't expected to grow so besotted, so quickly. For Hitoshi, you were willing to renounce your villainous ways, to walk down the path of a hero, if only he would intertwine your arm with his. If you could be happy together...marry, be touched by the grace of all the gods, in order to produce some beautiful children...

Anything he desired, anything at all, you would bestow upon him. Your will was his to command - such was the fate of soulmates. You would sacrifice all that you possessed, family and reputation included, just to kiss him.

As you swallowed down these musings, a clearer vision returned. You looked towards the door again, but nothing had changed. In that moment, you decided something: The League of Villains, that lowly gang of thugs, could retrieve those papers alone. You wanted no part in the conflict. You only wanted Hitoshi. A soft glow enveloped the inscription on your wrist. Perhaps that was the universe's way of beckoning you back into his embrace. Joy tugged your lips upwards, and as your blood trickled downwards, it thawed your legs. Finally, you could move again. Before you turned the doorknob, you listened for any nearby commotion.

The chaotic cacophony which had almost broken your ears had stilled. Everything was silent...peace had been restored. Maybe it was a testament to the inner war that you had successfully quelled. If so, then Hitoshi was surely your beacon, the light at the end of the tunnel, and the compassion amidst your despair.

When at last the chains of villainy released you, Hitoshi's arms would be your castle. 

[Word Count: 887]