☃ Katsuki Bakugou ☃

As Christmas approached with both speed and conviction, you began to understand the importance of finally liberating your tree. It had been perched atop your wardrobe, in a cardboard box, ever since March, when you were forced to accept that the festive season had absconded. This year, however, the joyous spirit of the holidays, the fragrance of oranges and cloves, even the sudden avalanche of snowflakes, could not deter the depression which welled up inside. Despite this, the false, verdant pines sparked (if nothing else) a sense of nostalgia, as you pined for the glory days.

The symbol of Christmas constantly whispered carols during the nights, endeavouring to tempt you into bringing it down; its branches couldn't well be ruffled in that confinement, after all. This pleading had resounded through your veins, and yet something prevented you from reaching out.

"A fucking spider?" The explosive blonde yelled, in irritation of being called upon so early, to deal with that which, by all appearances, was insignificant.

Wincing, you replied, "Well, there was one. I don't know if it's dead, or alive, or if there'll be lots of baby spiders. I just can't take that risk!"

His knuckles cracked loudly, as a warning. "Oh, so you're sending me in, instead? Damn extra!"

"J-Just be grateful I didn't call on Midoriya!" 

That was such a taboo name, for some reason, and you figured that using it would likely spur him on.

"Huh?! You think that fucking nerd could do this better than me?" His footfalls were deafening, with absolutely no regard for those in the adjoining rooms.

As he strode closer, closer, towards the tree's position, you released a hushed, "I mean...maybe?"

Apparently, this wasn't as noiseless as you had predicted. The blonde almost charged full-force into your wardrobe, your only saving grace being that he didn't completely destroy it. The cardboard box, in which the perfectly-furnished evergreen rested, was now cradled in your arms. A shudder ripped through your system, as you registered this most ungodly predicament. Crimson eyes glowered, although an arrogant smirk was playing at his lips. Terror reared its ugly head, nails digging into your soft flesh. Crying sounded wonderful, but you refused to display any further weakness in front of this handsome, haughty individual. You had already proven yourself a jester - god forbid you tarnished what remained of your reputation.

"Well? You won't know if there's still a spider in there, if you don't check!" From the fluctuation of his voice, seething had transitioned to mocking.

You desperately wished to curse to high heavens, and yet...that might get you killed. 

"A-Alright...but if I die, I hope they blame you."

Settling the box down, you gripped the tree at its shaft, lugging it on to your desk. The scarlet baubles were relatively new additions - a testament to your infatuation with the explosive tyrant's gorgeous gemstones. Miniature, plastic candy-canes littered the branches, shimmering golden tinsel weaving around the structure. Stars glinted amidst the general chaos of the mismatched decorations, and as the largest one, whose destination was the very pinnacle, you took a moment to reflect. The tree definitely couldn't sustain Bakugou's weight for any length of time, but you would appreciate the sentiment. That hot-headed boy, however devilish and conceited, had burned a path to your heart, that not even the entirety of the world's oceans could extinguish.

If you were able to sheath him on the crest of your tree...

...then, life would most certainly be daijoubu. 

[Word Count: 581]