Keigo Takami ღ Hawks

Requested by: Candypop248

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

His confession was incredibly unexpected. This professional hero - someone you should have never even met, apparently wanted to be with you. The notion made you chuckle; he was suave and charming, yet childish and playful. You could have said or done something with your quirk - force his mouth, so that he would spill his deepest, darkest secrets, giving you a clear advantage, plus blackmail material. It was possible for you to persuade his legs to move, twist his arms, will him to choke himself. You wouldn't have to make a sound; you would simply just watch and wait.

"We'd make a great pair, y'know?" He stated, breaking the comfortable silence.

You were always scheming, so instantly, you recognised this for what it was: a farce. Your bewitching, (e/c) irises sparkled with mischief. Surely, this man knew better than to trick you - a mastermind with extraordinary mental fortitude, and a power so intense, so unchallenged, that you became acquaintances with all types of people, without actually risking danger to yourself. Your contacts included the League of Villains and the Yakuza, alongside top-ranking heroes such as Hawks and Best Jeanist. The former was on record as wanting to join the League, but for some reason, he seemed to think that going through you was the smartest option, as though he assumed you would immediately fall for his radiance, forgetting everything about him quite obviously being an undercover agent. You never mentioned this catastrophic knowledge to Shigaraki or his minions, because pondering over the outcome of a successful infiltration was far too alluring. You might even help him.

"Pardon?" You questioned politely, batting your eyelashes. "Would it kill you to be a little less ambiguous?"

He laughed. "What d'ya mean?"

Placing a hand on your hip, you locked eyes with the slightly smaller male. "'Pair' could mean practically anything. Do you want me to go into the light? Elope with you? Help you conspicuously plant a body in a remote ditch off the crossroads, six meters below ground, then pat it down with concrete?"

Hawks' lustrous wings twitched, nerves shooting through them. 

"Eh...you put waaay too much thought into that last one."

Your lips tugged upwards. "That was definitely not based on past experiences, but just to be safe, don't go looking. You won't find anything now, anyway."

"Well...okay. I kinda meant the second one. Like, seriously; you're really pretty and -please don't hurt me- I'd really like to date you." His cheeky grin returned, and he finished, "Aaand, I think you like me too, amIright?"

That was the extent of what you bothered to remember. Since then, he made a habit of intruding on your private life, more so than previously. He started turning up at your house, either obnoxiously knocking on your door, or flying up to one of the many windows and hauling himself through. From there, he would venture to your chambers, or wherever else he desired to be. He often searched your house, in an effort to find anything about the people you worked with. However, you kept that sort of information well hidden, and he never managed to find it. Instead, he learned more about you in general - bits and pieces regarding your estranged family. You were certain that, somewhere down the line, a member of your family was currently studying at the prestigious hero school, known as UA. You wagered that, if and when they became a hero, they would likely hunt you down, although you might be significantly older by then. The moment you abandoned that stifling household, you vowed to never have anything to do with it. You weren't completely sure if they mourned the loss, but, this new addition certainly would.

You realised a short while before him, that he was unintentionally falling for you. Those brown, beady eyes followed you all the time, even when his mind was elsewhere. You thoroughly enjoyed lifting up his chin and gazing at his pale features, while small strands of stubble tickled your skin. Rather than showing confusion, he would wiggle his eyebrows and make provocative expressions, that usually resulted in a heated make-out session, despite your heart not really being in the relationship. You knew his game, but he was failing.

Fast.

Keeping him close was a priority, not only for his utmost protection, but also because he was very amusing. You found yourself smiling and laughing more often, instead of looking at him - at everything - with disdain. He was drawing out the tendrils of your cheerful personality, and accentuating them a hundredfold. You lay in his embrace at night, listening to the loud snoring, feeling his wings flapping against your bare flesh. You noticed a pounding in your chest, so loud you feared it might wake him. Gently poking his cheeks, gaining a sweet satisfaction from the way his nose scrunched up, you shuffled further into his hold. It felt safe - you had spent so long acting as his sanctuary, but perhaps he was yours? Something else that you observed - he wore those stud earrings to bed. You reached out a hand, tracing his earlobe. He shivered, pulling you impossibly closer. His body heat was not to be underestimated, for he was always your heater on winter nights. A timid blush wormed its way on to your face.

Some nights, when neither of you fell to the seduction of sleep, you would wander aimlessly around the streets, clinging to each other and whispering about trivial things. If you passed someone who recognised him, a wave of jealousy would overtake you, until he came back and teased you for avoiding his gaze. You flushed with embarrassment.

"I really do love you, (Y/n). You knew that all along, huh?" He was grinning, but there was an underlying insecurity that you might have missed, had you not wiled away so many hours in his company, picking up on his habits and learning to see through his façades.

He wasn't confident in your feelings.

"I did." You nodded. "But the past doesn't matter now - you won me over, hero. Now you have to deal with me forever."

His cheeky smile returned, white teeth visible. 

"Forever sounds perfect."

[Word Count: 1038]