Keigo Takami ღ Hawks {2}

Requested by: salad707

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course, screaming was prohibited in the workplace - for one, it was highly unprofessional, but also, you were required to play the part of a concerned nurse. Individual, human emotions couldn't be applied in your current situation, for they would entice you into some horrendous, inhumane and illegal act. Such as (you internally debated, weighing up the advantages and disadvantages), using your position and the unbelievably-beguiling monotony of your expression to shield yourself and deflect (for the most part) any suspicions. This in turn, would surely allow you to escape with your crime - whichever you chose to commit.

You possessed, in the now-clammy palm of your hand, the perfect opportunity: you could inject a lethal toxin into his system, or simply switch off his life support. He was in a dire condition, after all, so it couldn't really be considered too dubious. Although, retrospectively speaking, this one action could prove to have disastrous consequences. If Endeavor was to fall, so soon after All Might, the villains' newfound superiority-complex might just push them to greater conquests.

In all honesty, at this moment in time, such a risky stunt was impossible to conceive.

So, reigning in all those abysmal imaginings, you sighed. This noise, however slight, caught Hawks' attention. In spite of his prior ignorance, he did understand you to be his colleague's daughter, and therefore a person of importance. The dimly-twinkling gemstones set in your sockets had intrigued him, but the urgency of Endeavor's bloodied almost-corpse cleared that thought from his mind, completely.

Reassurance for Endeavor's condition had come in the form of a few, simple yet profound utterings, which went seemingly unacknowledged: "He's going to be fine...Absolutely fine."

Laced within those words, he perceived a deep-seeded indignation - resentment towards this man, whom he had the privilege of calling his partner, if only for one mission. He couldn't exactly fathom it, but he wouldn't do you the disservice of calling you out.

"Hey..." His sudden addressing of you, after hours of either radio silence or trying to comfort himself, startled you. "you're Endeavor's kid, aren't you? How'd you start working as a nurse?"

There was a degree of hesitation, but you eventually answered, "Well, I'm not actually his biological child, and my quirk...it's not really fit for combat, nor the work of a hero. I'm much more suited to this type of environment."

"Do you not like it? You haven't smiled once, y'know?" A gentle, calming palate of emotions settled on his features, as those hazel orbs bore into your soul.

That was impossible, right? - He couldn't have possibly been paying such close attention to someone like you, especially when you hadn't noticed even a single glance thrown in your direction. "Eto...I do like it, it's fulfilling, I suppose."

After you shrugged, rather forlornly, another gust of cold air parting your lips, he retorted, "But...?"

"But...I want something different." You breathed, cursing yourself for making intimate conversation with this man.

"Well, you seem like a nice person." He hummed, stretching those brilliant, crimson wings. "How about you work for me? I'm sure the hospital could lay off just one worker. You could be my assistant, if you'd like?"

In that moment, the flood-gates threatened to break, releasing all your pent-up emotions in the form of beautifully-distressing, crystalline tears.

"Yes, I'd love that."

[Word Count: 551]