Keigo Takami ღ Hawks

Requested by: everythingonit225

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The eeriness of this nigh-vacant room, and the glacial quality of your skin combined to make him feel unwelcome...perhaps even unsafe. Only he drew breaths in this place, while you sailed silently along the Styx. If he could've paid Charon in your stead, it wouldn't have crossed his mind twice. It was supposed to be him. His time, not yours.

"I would've happily died for you. So why...why did you die for me?" The words were choked, tangled up in his emotions.

You, an ordinary woman with a quirk you promised never to use... a woman who insisted that his name, Keigo, be tattooed upon your wrist, to act as a guide...a beacon of hope, whenever loneliness threatened to consume you. Though, the Commission never slackened his lead enough to allow for a reciprocation of such a heart-warming gesture. It brought him to the realisation that you intended to stay...to see this relationship until the day the universe imploded. You wanted him, loved him...and he just melted. No-one had ever expressed that level of genuine adoration toward him. Sure...there were friends of his scattered around Japan, but his enemies outnumbered them considerably.

In spite of the circumstance, he smiled. You always loathed the anguish veiled behind his eyes...always helped him to laugh, with awful jokes or sweet butterfly kisses. You never once failed to illuminate his path, to keep him warm, or show him love - the love he assumed would forever evade him.

Sighing, he checked the date. The 28th December - his birthday.

It only became special the moment you entered the picture. All of a sudden, his grey, monotonous life had been sprinkled with stardust, the flecks adding their own special colours - shades of red, pink, yellow...

Through your influence, he finally began to understand himself...his worth, his ideal vision of the future. Yet...all of this had crumbled within seconds. You used your quirk, and then...you were gone. The deafening sound of your bones, as you met the concrete below...it vowed to haunt him, always. It replayed, over and over, rejecting his wretched pleas and begs for mercy. It served as a reminder that his heart could never truly be deceived, or forced into denial. That sound...that harrowing sound...it meant that his soulmate - his twin flame...was now beyond Earth's jurisdiction.

Twin Flame.

The concept was breath-taking and romantic...but the reality of your quirk had instilled a twofold fear within him. What if you weren't fated to spend eternity by his side, lovers or no? Or, what if...something happened to him, and in even a single moment of blind panic...you saved him? The first option, although it would've endlessly saddened him...it would've preserved your life. If not for him - his foolish mistake, then you wouldn't have...

I guess I really was her Twin Flame. I just...I never wanted her to die for me...Why can't I bring her back to me? Why couldn't anyone...bring her home?

His weary eyes tried to flutter shut. He opened them wide, shifting his gaze between your form, once vibrant...now lifeless, and the papers at your bedside. Inked upon them were details he wished to scrub from his mind. The intricacies of your quirk were outlined in glaring crimson. He hated it.

(Y/n) (L/n), Female, 22. Quirk: Twin Flame. This quirk can revive another person, at the cost of the user's own life. It can only be applied to the user's Twin Flame.

"I just wish we'd had more time..." He sobbed, finally letting himself break down. "Come back to me. Please, (Y/n)...just come back. This isn't funny anymore...death isn't a joke, angel. Just come home...come home with me. Please...please..."

You were always brave...so, incredibly brave. But heroism had never called to you. The Fates hadn't blessed you with a suitable power. No - instead...they had cursed you, doomed such a compassionate soul to an early grave, and to torment. You couldn't truly rest, in life. Your demons always lurked, waiting to drag you beneath the waves. He slayed them, time and again, but their strength and persuasion only grew.

He tried to regain some semblance of composure...but he just couldn't. He tried another smile, but couldn't make it work. It wasn't authentic, it didn't even resemble a smile. It was crooked one moment, before it shattered completely. He never wanted this...to step toward the future, all on his lonesome - without your whispered words of love and motivation. Your memory could never be thrown into oblivion. He would always remember your touch, your kiss...and how he failed to save you.

He repeated his desperate chant, as the embers of hope slowly started to dwindle. "Please...I'm not ready to lose you yet. I can't...please, please come home. Angel, just come home."

Soon, nothing would remain of his heart.

[Word Count: 797]