Shouto Todoroki

Requested by: tododorkie

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Hellflame' was a quirk heavily associated with the current number two pro hero, Endeavor. For this reason, people tended to see you as a sort of copycat, although you genuinely couldn't be held accountable for your genetics. You didn't care much, shrugging off their negative comments. You had quite a sadistic personality, taking any opportunity to tease and torture those around you, especially Bakugou, because his reactions were just too entertaining. However, you always found your gaze wandering to the son of the man with whom you shared a quirk - Shouto Todoroki. Externally, he appeared cool, aloof, collected; he was exactly the kind of person you wanted to torment. It gave you a sick pleasure to make those types overflow with anger. So, when the Sports Festival was announced, you pledged to yourself that you were going to face off against that boy, and make him severely regret giving you the cold shoulder.

Somehow, you managed to achieve this. A wide smirk was contorting your features, as you stood before each other. This was the final round, and if he knocked you out, then he would proceed to the next battle, leaving you in the dust. He was adorable, truly, but you just couldn't let that happen. When the overly-obnoxious teacher/DJ yelled at the two of you to start, your opponent immediately created a gigantic ice wall. You dodged it, unsure if you would be able to melt such a formidable fortification. Noting that you were closer now, you activated your quirk, covering one arm in flames, and sending a great attack his way. He was able to escape in time, causing you to click your tongue in annoyance.

Todoroki's façade faltered when you used your power - it was the same as his father's, and it was making him extremely uncomfortable. There wasn't anything he could do, other than attempt to knock you out of bounds, but that was beginning to seem impossible. You both dodged one another's attacks with relative ease. Beads of sweat started rolling down his forehead. He really didn't wish to be in the presence of that particular quirk at the moment. His mind was racing, trying to come up with a swift solution to the problem, and he almost forgot to defend himself against your fire. He swallowed the lump forming in his throat, and told his brain to focus.

You saw tears, which you figured was highly unusual for such a normally stoic individual. You giggled, liking this outcome very much.

"What's wrong, half n' half? This a bit much for ya?" You called, winking.

He didn't answer. Instead, he continued dodging and attacking, with only his right side. This was grating on you now, because you really wanted to see him go all out, and it was a little disappointing. Did he actually have the nerve to look down on you? Oh, you were going to make this match a living hell for him, then.

"Don't tell me you dislike fire? Could it be something to do with daddy?" You laughed, running towards him.

You could wear the flames like a full bodysuit, if you so desired, which made you quite dangerous. It didn't affect you that much, but, like Endeavor, if you overused it, then the flames would almost literally suffocate you. That was honestly such a pain, and you didn't wish to go through that experience again. Todoroki's fists clenched, and you saw his knuckles turning white. It must have been something you said. His reaction was much too amusing, and you decided to further tease him. If he didn't appreciate his father, then that would be the easiest thing to use against him.

He raised his arms in defence, as you hurled a mass of fire in his direction. "Aww, did daddy do something to ya?"

You watched him flinch slightly, and it only elicited a wider smirk. "What did he do? C'mon, tell me!"

"Would you stop talking?" Todoroki suddenly yelled, lowering his defence.

He created another ice wall, to keep you at bay. "Nope! Not until you spill all your dirty secrets!"

There was a flicker of indignation in his mismatched eyes. A growl tugged at his lips, and he temporarily lost control. Both sides exploded, as he unwittingly used their maximum outputs. You, being completely and ridiculously unprepared, were out of bounds in seconds. You lay there, on the ground, panting and clutching your chest, in an attempt to dispel some of the smoke and ice. Glancing backwards, you spotted your opponent sweating and holding his head. It seemed as though he was muttering to himself.

Maybe you shouldn't have provoked him.

[Word Count: 777]