Katsuki Bakugou

Requested by: Kitkatsukiii

I'm really sorry I haven't updated lately, but I'm really busy with school, and I kind of had writer's block. Updates probably won't be as frequent as they always were, now...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Let him go!" You screamed, almost tearing your vocal cords.

Shigaraki was slowly beginning to curl all five fingers around his neck, cutting off his oxygen flow, and activating his own quirk. You were helpless, useless, watching as your best friend was captured, tortured, and now the villains were going to kill him. You couldn't save him. Your legs felt like jelly - they wobbled terribly, and before you knew it, they had given out. The ground felt cold and dead, the atmosphere was tense. Your wide, (e/c) eyes were glued to the scene in front. Fear and dread had frozen you in place. You were unable to do anything but observe, as that dry, shrivelled lunatic suffocated and decayed your friend. You were completely immobile, save for the hot tears cascading down your face, and the trembling of your hands.

You could see the determined and angry, yet frightened glimmer in his eyes. He was scared, so scared, and you were just sitting there, watching. You wanted to run, to call out, to help. His dreams were being cut short, shorter than anyone could have ever imagined. They shouldn't have kidnapped him. He didn't deserve to die. He was too young, too incredible.

A weak hand reached out to you.

"Run...! (Y/n)..." 

You would have these recurring nightmares, in which Katsuki was brutally violated or killed by the villains. It terrified you, because at the time of his kidnapping, just like Midoriya, you had been completely useless when trying to save your best friend. You always awoke in a cold sweat, clinging to your bed sheets and crying. It took a really long time for you to calm down; you needed reminding that Katsuki was safe and sound. The villains would never get their filthy hands on him ever again. He was strong - so much stronger than those criminals could ever truly comprehend, and he wouldn't be taken away from the safety net of his school and peers. Not a second time. However, as the days drawled by, your nightmares only got worse, until eventually, you started trying to stay awake into the early hours, solely because you couldn't cope with the horrific visions and imagery concocted by your subconscious brain. Coffee wasn't your go-to choice of beverage, but you lived off it for a good while, as it kept your senses alert, and messed with your sleeping pattern. Katsuki was worried, obviously, but he refused to voice his concerns until absolutely necessary, since he considered it soppy, and more akin to something that damn Deku would do. He didn't want to be associated with that loser.

A night came where you drifted off to sleep pretty easily, albeit with lots of tossing and turning. The scenes playing from your camera-roll of delusions were bloody and gruesome. They pained and haunted you, but there was no escape. He stood between you and the ultimate evil, taking every blow, never once backing down. He yelled at you to run, just as he always did, and then he was killed. Somehow, this time felt more real, as his blood splattered all over your person, and his last breaths dwindled into nothingness.

Your (e/c) eyes flickered open, like a broken lightbulb. A frightful scream tore through your throat, and you gripped the sides of your head in an effort to make the remnants of your nightmare recede. You couldn't be certain just how many minutes passed, but soon enough, there was a terrible pounding at your door, and an annoyed, yet concerned Katsuki burst in.

"What the fuck?!" He shouted, sounding as angry as ever.

Tears streaked down your face, as you listened to his voice, shifting from an irritated tone to a worried one. Your hands trembled. Katsuki walked over to you, moving your legs lightly, so that he was able to perch beside you. He awkwardly glazed his hand across your forehead, checking for a fever. You nuzzled into him, thankful for the contact. Then, he decided to rake his calloused fingers through your hair, rubbing your scalp and hoping that it would soothe you.

"...Bad dream?" He asked, well aware of your restless nights.

Instead of nodding, you breathed out shakily, replying, "I-It's the same...e-every time."

"Well, ya know it can't hurt you, right?" His other hand was on your bed sheets, fingers drumming to an unknown tune.

"I k-know that, b-but..." You trailed off.

He sighed. "Just spill it, (Y/n)."

"W-Well...I just - ever since your k-kidnapping," You hesitated to speak the word. "I've b-been having these n-nightmares. You get k-killed, o-or really injured, and I can't d-do anything!" Heavy sobs wracked your body.

Katsuki pushed your head into his chest. "It's alright. Those bastards never had a chance."

"I-I know, but-!" You were wetting his top, but he didn't seem to mind.

"What else?" He questioned, almost impatiently.

You sucked in a breath. "I j-just...feel terrible! Every t-time! I can't save y-you, and I have to! I r-really have to! You mean s-so much to me, a-and I can't just l-let you d-die!"

"Calm down, and stop crying; you look awful." He flicked your arm. "You mean a lot to me, as well. I won't ever need saving again, mark my words."

Despite his confidence, you still felt awful. However, you were enjoying being held in his strong, comforting arms, so you refused to say anything about your insecurities. Rather, you wanted to tell him just how much he truly meant to you - you needed him to know, and reciprocate your feelings, otherwise it was possible that those terrifying nightmares would never go away. Balling up your fists, you lifted yourself slightly, causing Katsuki to hold on to your figure, so that you wouldn't fall. His crimson eyes widened, and his mind went blank when your lips touched his. This was the sensation he had been craving for oh so long, but he wasn't satisfied that you were the one to initiate the kiss. Running his fingers through your hair, he placed a hand behind your head, tilting his face to get a better angle.

Fucking nightmares. I'll beat them into submission if I have to!

[Word Count: 1031]