Izuku Midoriya

Requested by: MiyaGottsTodoDeku

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An abusive household simply had to be evacuated - it was no place for children!

This is a loose term, of course, for you actually appeared no younger than thirteen. Still, as a member of the esteemed Todoroki family, the fact that you didn't possess a quirk was highly frowned upon, not least of all by your father. That was the reasoning behind big brother Shouto whisking you away to the UA Heights Alliance building. You were suffocating back home, drinking in oxygen laced with cyanide. So, now you stood amidst a sea of unfamiliarly-friendly faces, grasping tightly on to your brother's hand. Small talk was currently being attempted, questions bubbling away on the tips of tongues. It was an atmosphere absolutely unlike anything you were used to.

Scary, yet it ignited a gentle fire inside your soul. After all, your safety here was guaranteed, and everybody seemed wonderfully lively. Well, minus a few, obvious exceptions.

One boy in particular, as unobtrusive as a needle in a haystack, grappled the unbridled attention of your curious, (e/c) orbs. He appeared to be inching ever-closer, almost timid, but definitely inquisitive. As you watched, awaiting his imminent approach, silly concepts like time and responsibilities faded from the spumescent potion of your mind, disappearing beneath the force of new, blossoming emotions. The entire ordeal was something extraordinary, waves of love and admiration crashing down suddenly, unexpectedly. This boy, whose verdant locks bounced ever-so-slightly when walking, carried an ethereal beauty. Was he truly human? Surely, it was either illegal or alien, to encapsulate such...such prettiness!

Oh, dear lord! A crimson hue had crept, silent as the Reaper, on to your cheeks. And if your lips parted, you were certain only a whimper would escape. A thundering heart, as fragile as your own, could endure a limited amount of feeling at once. However, that dashing, sparkly-eyed boy seemed dangerously insistent on expanding your horizons. You were afraid that, the closer he skulked, the more evident your kindling affections would become. What of the miniature hearts, trembling like rejected babes and brimming with love, within your eyes?

Now in complete panic-mode, panting lightly and desperately trying to still your beating heart, you neglected to notice just how much sweat your palm was producing. It was honestly a wonder Shouto managed to hang on.

Once your verdant prince finally stepped up, he greeted you with an adorable little squeak. 

"Hi, I'm Izuku Midoriya! It's nice to meet you!"

Rather than responding, you simply gripped Shouto's hand tighter and directed your gaze at the floor beneath your feet. Assuming that your mentality was far more delicate than your brother's, the fine specimen quietly scolded himself for presenting such a loud and abrasive character. Growing up in an abusive household...of course you were overly-sensitive, especially since you were quirkless! That piece of information really struck a chord with him, upon initial hearing. How could he have possibly allowed such carelessness? Now, you would certainly view him with an enormous contempt, and his friendship with the elder Todoroki sibling might be in jeopardy.

Just as this depressive thought was beginning to permeate his very bones, a short snort of laughter stuffed reality back into his brain. It was Todoroki, the male, laughing! What had caused such a joyous sound? Hairs bristled and Cheshire-grins formed, as everyone in the room pondered this same question.

"W-What is it, Todoroki?" Gorgeous, green eyes, wide and glassy, gazed on in pure curiosity.

Iida, wishing to record the reason behind this most wondrous event for future reference, added, "Yes, please enlighten us!"

A soft smile played at the hot-and-cold boy's lips, before he turned to address Midoriya. "My sister...I think she likes you."

"S-Shouto!!"

[Word Count: 618]