Tamaki Amajiki

As this precious, little, anxiety-riddled baby was hyper-aware of his surroundings, sneaking past wasn't exactly an easy task. However, you managed miraculously, so now you were staring at the MP3 device resting in your palm. It had 'fallen into your pocket', after having been balanced rather precariously atop his pocket. The force produced by his movements must have pushed it. Oh well, all the better for you, right? Cautiously, you turned it on, waiting with baited breath to uncover all its secrets. This was certainly an invasion of privacy, but Tamaki had captured every thundering beat of your heart since the first year, so you deserved some degree of recognition, at the very minimum.

Flicking through each song, you acknowledged his love of sweet, oftentimes sappy ballads. There was no trace of metal, rock or rap; he was truly a clean, innocent beauty, through and through. Songs regarding butterflies also seemed quite predominant. Super cute! A gentle, adoring smile graced your lips, as you imagined him alone at night, listening to these lyrics...

Oh, he was simply too adorable; your feather-delicate heart had brushed the icy hand of death many times already. Tamaki's drop-dead gorgeous grin radiated warmth and unbridled love for his friends. Each time it ghosted past your eyes, a pleasant flush of air swept back your hair. It was the very same, sudden moment of infatuation colliding with your heart, which, in romance movies, filled your (e/c) gems with tears. You almost failed to restrain the intense excitement, intoxication and pride, shoving you ever-closer to the timid boy. Again, the words raced through your head: cute, adorable, beautiful, handsome, precious. There was a plethora of wonderful things about him, that you wished to scream to the high heavens. Alas, all other, coherent speech abandoned you.

Tamaki was just...Tamaki, and that, you supposed, was what made him so perfect.

If you accomplished this most inventive, premeditated action, you wondered about the reaction you might elicit from the elven beauty. Once the thought struck that it would be very memorable, and that it would perhaps plaster you to the forefront of his mind, you refused to waste another second. The songs had previously been selected, and sat neatly in your notebook. The first (and most obvious) choice was 'I Fell In Love' by Ask Embla, as it mentioned the object of the female singer's affections stealing the sun, which you assumed to link rather closely to his hero name, Suneater.

The next song, 'Butterfly' by Smile, eluded to the shyness and self-doubted strength which encompassed him entirely - it should allow him to realise your absolute devotion, as well as his own, blinding potential. Plus, the reference the butterflies couldn't damage the image you were attempting to conjure. 'Hurry Up And Save Me' by Tiffany Giardina was added next, illustrating love-at-first-sight and just how greatly his mere presence affected you, from the very beginning. Also, the hero connection! The next song spelled out your purest feelings, perhaps with more clarity than any confession could: 'Toca Me' by Azuro (feat. Elly).

An anime opening actually sliced through many of your other options, because 'Sweet Romance' by Mayumi Gojo was simply an incredibly-accurate account of your innermost emotions. Your desperate love bled from each song; Tamaki, whether or not he accepted the unyielding affections presented to him, would realise their shocking extent. Content with the personal messages veiled within the songs, you turned in for the night.

At school the following day, you decided to locate Tamaki's boisterous, blonde friend, and have him hand over the MP3.

"Hey, Togata!" You yelled, alerting half of the corridor.

Said male greeted your approaching form with a wide grin, asking, "Hi (L/n)! Did you need something?"

Mirroring his giddy expression, you responded, "Yes! I found this yesterday, and I didn't have a chance to return it...I think it belongs to Amajiki."

"Oh, that!" The blonde shouted, never losing that smile. "Tamaki was looking everywhere for that! Thanks a bunch!"

Flitting away just as swiftly as you had arrived, satisfied after completing such a sweet, time-consuming mission, you giggled to yourself. And yet, a small uncertainty lingered. Would the elf-eared boy understand your intentions, your feelings? Would his heart bestow upon him the courage to reciprocate the covert flirting? Would he even care for such delicate emotions? If so, then you would soar on newfound wings, to the fluffy comfort of the clouds above, relishing in everything that was Tamaki. 

[Word Count: 745]