Tenya Iida {Male Reader}

Requested by: lynx-potato

[A/N]: Still not feeling my best, so I hope this is okay!

Trigger Warnings: Brief Mention of Past Anti-Trans Comments (if you squint), Binder Problems.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was overexertion - conscious overexertion, at its very finest. Your breathing had become more rugged as the seconds ticked by, but UA's harsh training wasn't at fault. Not by a long shot. You had foolishly decided to continue wearing that too-tight binder, preferring a 'masculine' physique at the expense of your health. You should have worn a sports bra or two, but instead you chose a cheap, commercial binder that seemed to loath your back. The pain from ignoring every warning (don't train in them; remove after 8-12 hours; don't sleep in them) was akin to suffering grievous defeat by the hand of some villain.

The binder was hardly supposed to be a constant in your life, but the dysphoria you experienced without it was abhorrent. So you soldiered on, day in and day out, only liberating your chest during the twilight hours and on Saturdays. Now, that was haunting you.

Iida's cerulean eyes were aglow with worry, as he hastily scanned the scene. "Takami, are you alright? Perhaps you should rest for a while?"

"Nah, I'm good. Just a little...out of breath. Nothing I can't handle." You replied, forcing a smile.

"Are you sure? You look unwell. I can take you to Recovery Girl-"

This man was honestly such a sweetie, but you were convinced that all would proceed as normal - these same problems had occurred before, but never in a public setting. "She's out today. Uh...a nasty villain incident in Kyushu, I think."

"Oh, my goodness! How unfortunate...well, if you are truly okay..." He hesitated to leave you alone.

You were refusing to adhere to safety measures, which would likely prove to have serious repercussions in the future. If the itching and aching were prominent now, surely their intensity would only worsen over time. But you didn't really care, and it was unfortunate. A trainee hero should grow resistant to pain, right? You just needed to work on breathing - that's all! Besides, your training had to be harder and more frequent, if you ever wished to be on par with your elder brother. The lucky bastard (he would claim himself to be quite hapless) had been scouted at an early age, rising up the ranks with record speed.

It was admirable, but you couldn't stand the difference in strength.

A cough built up in your throat, and although you tried desperately to rein it in, it still spilled out. In fact, it seemed more than a simple cough. You paled, imagining the sweat rashes littering your skin. The pain shooting through your back had originated at your chest, and your shoulders weren't safe either. Everything felt aflame.

"Takami!" Iida yelled, rushing toward you.

He was clearly unaccustomed to seeing you doubled over, with furrowed brows and an expression that illustrated your discomfort, clutching both throat and chest.

You wanted to move away, but Iida had resolved to aid you, in any possible way. You sighed, and then the coughing resumed. You chucked your phone, already unlocked and on the 'Emergency Contacts' list. There were two, both anonymous. But his confusion had since peaked, and he couldn't afford to waste time. So, if this first number proved fruitless, he would just dial the other. 

Simple!

The phone rang for a few seconds, until a voice answered, "Hey, (Y/n), what's up? You know I'm working, right? Did something come up?"

"I apologise, but I am his classmate, Tenya Iida. We are currently in a class training session, but he pushed himself too far. He is having trouble breathing, he is also coughing quite a bit. He handed me his phone - presumably he wants to talk to you, but he is really in no position to, at the moment."

"Ah, yeah, I get it. He probably kept his binder on for too long. He isn't supposed to wear it all the time, but he's stubborn. You said your name was Iida, right? - Like Ingenium? I'm sure you can handle this. Just make him take off that binder for a while." The voice chuckled faintly, but there was a definite concern behind it.

Iida stiffened. "Do you know my older brother?"

"Huh? I'd be surprised if there was a Pro out there who didn't know him. Anyway, I gotta fly. Keep (Y/n) safe, alright? Or I'll peck out your eyes." With that, he hung up.

Iida was dumbfounded. That man...was a Pro Hero? His final sentence held a very threatening undertone, despite him speaking it in a joking manner. Soon though, he regained his senses, and gathered you into his arms. You wanted to protest, but couldn't conjure the energy. Iida ensured that Mr Aizawa had knowledge of the situation, before he employed his quirk to rush you to the changing room. He failed to notice the looks from other students, especially Uraraka and Midoriya. They had sensed your deep, romantic feelings for one another, but never once mentioned them. Ashido did, however. You seemed completely oblivious, and watching you dance around the accusations was much too entertaining.

When you arrived at your sanctuary, Iida immediately started helping to remove the top-half of your costume. His focus and dedication to your well-being was such that he almost forgot you were the object of his affections. He didn't blush, didn't even stutter, until you whimpered in pain. Only then did he realise how close he truly was.

Swallowing down any unsavoury thoughts that might have tried to corrupt him, he turned around, giving you privacy while still being ready to assist with whatever you needed.

"I'm fine now, thanks. You can turn back." You mumbled, gazing forlornly at the binder in your hand.

Iida took a breath, to compose himself, before doing as instructed. "Are you still in pain?"

"Yeah...I've got some marks here and there. I had this on really tight, to stay as flat as I could. My back and chest still hurt, as well..." There was an air of disappointment surrounding you.

Why couldn't you have worn it for longer? Was your pain threshold honestly that low? It was annoying, your chest unsightly. It reminded you of all the horrible comments you had received, just for being openly trans. They were hurtful - maybe even rivalling your binder. But you could deal with them. This was an ongoing journey, and you didn't have to stand alone. The entire class supported you. 

You couldn't be devalued by a few scumbags.

"You really should take better care of yourself, Takami! You could have ended up in the hospital!" He chastised you purely out of care (and maybe a tiny, minuscule...alright, MASSIVE amount of love).

You just laughed, because gods...he was so dramatic. 

[Word Count: 1115]