Episode 21

After a few minutes that felt forever, Crystal's parents finally arroved woth my parents. I was walking around, and noticed them running towards my direction.

"How is she?" My dad asked me.

"I don't know. She's been there forever." I replied as tears started building up my eyes. My mom hugged me, and I cried on her shoulder.

"What happened to her?" Her dad asked. I didn't answer, due to sobbing on my mom's shoulder.

"She's always like this. She always get hurt. When I gave birth on her, she was revived. She wasn't breathing that time. When she was in kindergarten, our old cabinet almost fell on top of her head. When she was in grade school, she was almost hitted by a car passing by. When she was in highschool, she almost fell off the railing from the building's second floor. When she was in college, she almost died, after trying to commit suicide. Now, this." Her mom told us.

This is when I realized that she needs a lot of care. She needs me to be the one who take cares of her, but I need her more. After all of our dramas. The doctor finally came out.

"Oh! Jake, your daughter is not in a good condition. I told you to take care of her. She ain't normal. She's not like others that are always safe. She'll be in the ICU, 'til she gets blood, proper medication, proper care, and an operation." Mr. Jacob talked as he ran to Crystal's dad.

"Operation?" Mrs. Smith asked.

"She's suffering from a Severe Traumatic Brain Injury, also known as Severe TBI. TBI is a sudden damage to the brain caused by a blow or jolt to the head. Common causes are like this, car crashes. If it was just a Mild TBI, she might be saved by medications and rests, but she hitted another car hardly. Simce its Severe TBI, she'll be experiencing a life-saving surgery. There are different types of TBI, but Crystal's condition is called the Hematoma." Mr. Jacob explained.

 Jacob explained

"My poor baby." Mrs. Smith said as she burst into tears. Mr. Smith hugged her for comfort.

"Excuse me." Mr. Jacob left. All of us was all messed up and stressed. We went to the ICU, and we saw Crystal through the window. We all started tearing up and bursting into tears. Only one person can come at a time. I wear the safety clothes, and I made sure I was sanitized before I entered.

I went in, and I heard the sound of the ECG. All I can hear was the machines and my sobs. I walked closer to her and kept on crying.

"I'm sorry if you have to suffer. This is all my fault. I should've not cheated. If I didn't cheat, we may be married by now. I maybe by your side, caressing your hair, and taking care of you. I'm very sorry if you have to go through all of these. I should be the one laying there, with machines." I said as I wipped my tears for a moment, and I continued talking while holding her hand.

"Please stay strong. I still need you, and I'll always need you. It's not just me who needs you and wants you to stay. Your parents are still waiting for you to wake up. Your mom is crying. Your dad is there, waiting for you to wake up, and hug him. Stay with us. Stay with me. I know you. You're going to survive. You're strong, very strong. Everyone wants you to stay and wake up. Alleisha is also waiting for you, so she can say sorry for all her sins. Please wake up. Please, Crystal. I'm begging you. Pleaseee. Pleaseeeeee." I begged as I cried even more.

As I was holding her hand, all our haply and sad memoried rewound. The happy ones. The cute ones. The sweet ones. And the worst ones.

"Wake up, Crystal. I need you to wake up, so that I can fix all my wrongs." I said as I kissed her hand. I looked at her once more, and I left the room, so that her mom and dad can visit. As I went out, I looked lifeless. Tears were covering my face. My mom came to me and hugged me.

MRS. SMITH'S P.O.V

I entered the room with the safety clothes on and with my sanitized body. Once I entered, all I can here was the sound of machines which made me cry even more. I stood beside her, and I held her hand while I talked

"Hi, honey. It's mom. Please, wake up. I still need you, honey. Mom and Dad are waiting for you to get better. You need to stay strong, because you'll be in the operation room. You should've just listened to your dad, coz' you might be safe if you stayed there. I'm so sorry if we had to force you. Baby, wake up, and eat something nice with mommy. Please. All of us are waiting outside. It's so hard seeing you with all this machine around you. You know that mom can't handle seeing like this. You need to stay strong for everyone. Mom and Dad loves you very much. If you can't wake up now, wake up tomorrow, or the next day, or the farther days. You need to stay with us. You might not remember us when you wake up, but it doesn't change my love for you. You are my baby, and you'll always be. I love you, my baby." I said as I kissed her hand, and I left the room while crying.

MR. SMITH'S P.O.V

When Kimberly exited the room, I stood up, and kissed her. I let her sit, and I went in with sanitized and secured body. When I entered, I heard all the machine's sounds. And there, I saw my daughter, looking lifeless while laying down. All the machines were connected to her body. I stood beside her, and held her hand.

"Crystal. I know that I'm not the best father, coz' all I do is force and scold you. I know that I don't show you how much I love you, but I do love you, honey. I love you so much. Please, wake up. Your mom and I keeps on worrying if you'll wake up or not. Stay strong. Just stay with us. Don't come with Grandma yet. Grandma won't be happy seeing you there. Come back, please." I begged. I couldn't handle the machine sounds, so I went out of the ICU.