The Saviours.

It is strange being in a truck again, I never thought I would feel the sensation of driving again, it is almost soothing to me. I can feel myself getting extremely tired, but refuse to let myself fall asleep. I turn and check the back seats of the truck but they are completely empty, only the bloody baseball bat lays across the seats, most likely staining the chairs.

I shiver at the thought of it and go back to watching the dark roads before me, my brain starts to wonder. Who is this man? Is he like those other men? I know he that said rape is not his thing, but could he be lying?

I look over at him, he's very well dressed and extremely clean, he must have a decent shelter. I start to take notice of his features though, his slicked back hair and five o'clock shadow, everything points to him being in a safe place. His hazel eyes constantly staying on the road, but I know that he knows that I'm am watching him carefully.

The more I look at him, the more handsome he appears to be, if this world was any different or back to the way it was, he would have been my type. I used to work in an old popular bar, lots of business man would come through and I'd be the lovely barmaid to listen to their issues.

I even went home with a few of them, making sure they didn't have wives or girlfriends first though, I never wanted to be treated as some common whore, I just wanted to connect with someone that way. My parents and I weren't always close, my father always wanted a boy, to do all the army stuff, he wouldn't allow his precious baby girl join though.

My mother had difficulties when she had me and it prevented her from having further children, I was their only baby and I felt like they were disappointed in me. Just before the outbreak though my parents and I were trying to reconnect.

I was with my father when the outbreak started, we were waiting for my mother to come home to have dinner together. We never saw her again, we tried looking for her, went to her studio and all, but she was just gone.

I drop my head into my chest, feeling too many emotions at once, I just want to be hugged by my mother or father one more time, but it's never going to happen.

"Hey Doll, you're safe now, I promise you that." Negan's  deep voice breaks the silence.
"Am I? There were others out, it wasn't just those two there was a whole group. They might try and hunt me down." I reply quietly back to him, I notice his hands clutch the steering wheel tighter, making his knuckles white.

"I'd like to see them dare fucking try." Negan spits out angrily.
"Where are we going exactly?" I ask, finding the conversation comforting in a strange way.
"We are going to a place I call Sanctuary, there's lots of people there and a system that actually fucking works." I nod my head, excited about the idea of people, but I hope they are nothing like those men.

"Do I need to talk to the person in charge to get in first?" I ask suddenly realising I could get turned away at the door.
"Fuck Doll. Haha. Thought you mighta guessed. I am the fucker in charge." My mouth falls open loosely, well I guess I'm getting in then.

"I didn't say it enough earlier, but I'm seriously thankful that you saved me, I don't know if I could go through that again." I trail off quietly, old memories resurfacing.

"Fuck what?! Again?! You're fucking saying this has happened before?" Negan's temper flares up and he looks about ready to kill again.
"Yes it has and they wasn't anyone to save me that time, I know how to defend myself, but I'm not strong enough to fight off more then one. It wasn't these same people either." I almost want to cry again, but I force myself not to, not until I can be by myself.

"We're fucking here Doll, welcome to Sanctuary." Negan says with lots of bravado. I stare shocked out the window, it's a huge warehouse, some old factory.
"All of this really is safe?" I ask looking over at him.
"Fuck yeah it is." I have the urge to cry all over again, but for an entirely different reason.
The gates open and Negan drives right on through, packing the truck quickly, I open the door and slide out pulling my bag out with me, along with my ACR. I look around in complete shock, this place looks so safe and there is people guarding the gates and all.

A man approaches me and I step back away from him, becoming hyper aware that my shirt is all torn up and that my bra is all exposed to him. I cross my arms over my chest to cover myself up and press my back against the truck.

"I just need you to hand over your weapons." He gestures towards my guns and knife, I remain still, refusing to give them up.

Negan comes around the truck and walks over to us.
"She won't hand her weapons over." He says sounding bored to Negan.
"He can't have them, I need them." I say to Negan.
"Sorry Doll, but can't have a fucking stranger carry guns in my fucking home." I understand why he wants them but it's the same reason I want to keep them.

"Will I get them back?" I ask, this is my fathers gun and it's all I really have of his.
"If you can prove that you are fucking trust worthy, then fuck yes, gotta earn your fucking keep if you plan on staying Doll," Negan tells me, I nod my head carefully.
"Just please, make sure know one else can use it. " I beg him with my eyes and he just nods his head.

I hand my weapons over slowly, scared I may be sentencing myself to death.

"Lets get you settled in for the night. Oh here, you must be freezing." Negan says once the other guy had gone, he takes off his leather jacket and helps me put it on. It's so warm inside, I notice that it smells like tobacco and some sort of manly cologne, I love the smell of it.

I wrap the jacket tightly around my small frame and follow Negan closely, he takes me inside the warehouse, leading me through many different corridors. He stops in front of a door and pulls out a set of keys, he opens the door and I step inside. It's only a small room but there's a comfy looking bed, a closet and a chair in the corner by the window.

"Someone will be by tomorrow to explain to you how things work here, be it me or someone else. Stay in your room until then, got it." Negan says completely seriously, so different from his casual laid back self that he has been.

I nod my head and go over to my bed, falling on to the soft mattress and almost instantly passing out, I hear the soft click of the door closing and the door locking. It's then I notice I can still smell his cologne, I still have his leather jacket on, I smile to myself and let myself pass out heavily into a deep sleep.