The Bullet Maker.

Eugene stands in the doorway looking at me rather confused and annoyed. I smile politely at him and give an awkward half wave.

"I'm sorry to disturb you, but this is a matter of importance and it couldn't wait." I apologise to him and soon enough he steps aside to let me in, I watch as he checks down the hallway before closing the door.

I sit down on the couch in his room and he sits beside me, but as far as he can, I frown at that. Does he think he's going to get cooties if he gets too close to me? Eugene constantly looks at the door like he expects someone to burst in.

"I spoke to your friend, Sasha. She told me to come and talk to you about what's going on." Eugene just nods, continuing his staring contest at the door nervously. Maybe he is expecting someone, but doesn't want them to see me.

"Negan wouldn't have wanted you to talk to her." Eugene takes the time to actually look at me when he says this, but he continues to side eye the door.

"I don't really care what Negan thinks. I have a son to protect and I need to know if something's about to happen. So tell me, right now." Eugene sighs heavily and finally turns his full attention to me.

"Negan plans to take Sasha back to Alexandria today, she's meant to go in some coffin to make it seem like she's dead, but she won't be. It's just to scare them." It seems like I didn't need to convince him that much and now I'm filled with more questions.

"What's Alexandria? And scare who?" I ask, finding myself getting more confused.

"Alexandria is my old community and Negan is trying to scare Rick the guy in charge there because he isn't doing as his told." I nod my head, mauling over this new information.

"Eugene do think if this continues it will be a war? Can we lose the Sanctuary?" Worry starts to set in as the gravity of the situation settles into my head.

"Yes, I think there will be a war and we will lose the Sanctuary." Those words echo in my head for a moment and I know I have to find a way to prevent all of this.

"Eugene will you help stop this, I don't want anyone on either side to get hurt, I just want to keep my son alive and happy." He stares at the floor for a moment and thinks it through.

"I'll help you, but it must remain between the two of us. I can't risk exposure whilst I'm trying to work, there's too much at stake here."

"That there is, thank you Eugene, keep me updated when you can. I have to go now."

I don't wait for his response I just slip out the door and back down the corridor that I can down. I realise if Negan has woken up and I have no reason to be out it would seem suspicious.

I head to the cafeteria and pick up breakfast for all of us, when I enter my eyes immediately lock with Dwight's blue ones. I stand for a moment just staring at him and he does the same to me.

There's only a few people awake this early as they do the dawn shifts. I head over to the food and pick up two trays, placing extra fruit onto them for Axl.

I turn my head and look over at Dwight again, we are much closer now. He's reading something that I guess is the morning report and I realise he must have information about what's happening today.

I bite my lip debating what to do, I pick my trays up off of the bench and walk over to him, I sit beside him carefully not wanting to draw too much attention to us.

"What are you doing?" He asks lowly, not even bothering to look at me.

"Just wondering what the morning report is so I can tell Negan." I reply rather innocently looking over at him. He turns to look at me, he opens and closes his mouth like his got a bad taste in his mouth.

"It's not a morning report." Dwight places the paper face down on the table.

"Then what is it?" I lightly bump my shoulder with his, giving him a cute smile.

"Look, if you're trying to get me into trouble then you can go." My smile slips and I frown, letting my head drop sadly. Naively I let myself believe he liked me, but he only took advantage of me. Why should I care about him anyway?

The confusion bubbles up inside me and I feel rather overwhelmed. I stand up hurriedly realising what a stupid mistake I made.

"I'm not trying to get you into trouble, I just thought maybe we could talk. I understand though, just like everyone else you walk around me on eggshells. I'm not Negan's pet, he doesn't own me, we just share a kid together. A kid he's putting into harm's way, so sorry for wanting to talk to someone else for once."

I pick up the trays and I see he's about to say something, but I leave quickly not able to deal with this right now. I'm running out of time Negan will be awake soon and will come looking for me.

As I carry the trays up the stairs my hand throbs still not healed after the attack, I look at the bandaged wrapped tight around my hand to make sure no stitches have ripped. I've practically healed up mostly, it's just my cheek bone, ribs and hand that are healing.

I enter the room and Negan is just sitting up in bed, Axl is fast asleep, but it's still early so I'm not surprised.

"Hey where did you go?" Negan asked even though he can see where I've been.

"I just went and got us breakfast, thought you could use it after last night. Do you have a hangover?" I place the food down on the coffee table and start sorting the food.

"Nah, No hangover for me." He replies almost macho about his lack of headache.

"Well, that's good, seeing how you have a big day and all." I smile at him innocently and gesture for him to come and eat breakfast.

"What do you mean?" He asks unsurely, not that he's confused about his plans just that I know about them.

"I heard some saviors mention that you are going to Alexandria today. Which I was wondering if I could come along?" I ask, trying my best to be subtle about it.

"Babygirl, it's going to be dangerous. You're still healing and this is a big job." He says trying to convince me not to go.

"Negan the doctor cleared me the other day, I'll be fine. If it's going to be a hard job then I'll bring my Desert Eagle and stay by your side the whole time." I tell him giving him no room to deny me this.

"What about Axl, he can't go with us." Negan seems satisfied about his response, but I've already thought about that too.

"Greta can watch him for the day, she's practically taken on the role as his surrogate Grandma. He loves her and she teaches him more stuff then I do." I place a hand on my hip ready to fight.

"Fine you can come along but you stay with me at all costs, okay." Negan says rather annoyed, I give him a winning smile.