Battle cry.

Negan has been catching me up on everything that's been going on lately, from the trades with communities, the deaths in the Sanctuary and the most threatening herds that are making their way closer to us.

I made him tell me everything, this community is going to fall apart if Negan doesn't stop this madness. He immediately got rid of the wives for me again. This does not mean I have forgiven him for anything. I hate that it was so easy for him to just find other women to fuck, while I spent most of my time thinking about him.

The only good thing that has happened since arriving here is that Axl is over the moon to be with his dad, only when I supervise though.

David still is unaware that I am here, actually the only ones who know I'm here is Negan and his ex wives, who have been made to keep quiet about my being here. Negan let me stay in his room, I don't sleep in his bed though, I insist on sleeping on the long love seat. Axl also sleeps on the sofa with me, much to Negans annoyance.

I honestly didn't care what Negan wants at the moment, I'm just so angry at him, the more I think about those stupid wives of his and how he just let David in so easily. It just makes me feel like he doesn't trust or care all that much about me. He has to though right? He wouldn't tell me everything that's been going on otherwise.

I sit in Negan's room, teaching Axl to read and pronounce his words better, Negan's out on a run, he said he would be back later tonight. There's a knock on the door and I frown, surely everyone knows that Negan is not here, so why knock. I press a finger to my mouth to let Axl know he has to be quiet.

The door handle jiggles, I pick Axl up and carry him into the bathroom, closing the door behind us and locking it, I hear the door to Negan's room open. Maybe it's Negan coming back early? But why would he knock? We didn't work out any code for when entering.

I listen to the sound of shuffling footsteps around the room, I can tell it's not Negan he would have said something by now, but whoever is in here knows that Negan has a kid in his room. Axl's toys and books were everywhere it would be hard not to miss them.

The bathroom handle starts to turn, but the lock catches it, the only problem now is that they know someone is in here, I stay as quiet as I possibly can, I really wish I picked up one of my guns before coming into here. I look around the bathroom, trying to open draws without making any noise.

I find an old flip barber razor, the one with the really sharp blades, suddenly someone is slamming into the door, Axl cries out scared, I place him into the large cupboard under the sink.

"You stay here, do not move baby." I don't give him time to respond closing the doors and tying it closed with some bandages I found in the cupboard. The slamming gets louder as someone throws their whole body weight against the door.

The door comes crashing down, smashing in half as a man forces his way into the room, my eyes lock with David's, fear seeps into my bones and I lash out with the razor striking him across the cheek, he holds his face and I manage to get past him and out into the room.

He comes after me, pulling out a huge hunting knife, I take quick, hard breaths, repeating to myself over and over again, that I'm faster then him that I can beat him. I have to beat him, my son is at risk here. David approaches me slowly, trying to corner me, I rush towards him, just barely slipping past his knife and slicing across his arm, I elbow him in the back as I go past too, he clutches at his arm in pain.

"You fucking bitch, I warned you not to come here, I'm going to fucking kill your kid, then I'm gonna fuck you until Negan gets here then kill him in front you, so fucking slowly." The sick twisted words fall from his lips so easily, they make me angry and I'm determined to beat this fucker.

He charges at me slamming into me heavily, I bring the razor down hard over his head and into his back as he tackles me into a bookcase, he screams out in pain, pulling away from me, the razor slips from my grasp, imbedding itself into his back.

I groan at the pain in my back, he manages to pull the razor out and throws it across the room, he swings hard and punches me in the face, I feel my cheek bone snap, my face in complete agony instantly, my right eye swells up and closes over and the blood rushes to the broken bone.

I just have enough time to get away from the hunting knife that's swinging towards me, I step up on his thigh, wrapping my other leg around his neck and climbing over to the other side of him, pulling him down towards the ground. We both go crashing down hard, my back hits the coffee table and it breaks under the weight of David and I. 

He recovers quicker then I and he punches me in the face again, the knife comes up to stab me in the chest, but I lift my hands to block it, it goes straight through the palm of my left hand, I scream in tremendous amounts of pain. I distantly hear Axl scream and cry for me.

I watch David's head turn towards the sound, a chilling smile spreads across his lips, he lifts my shoulders off of the broken table and slams me back down into it. I cough as I'm winded, David gets up off of me and heads toward the bathroom.

I rip his knife from my hand and rush after him, he turns quickly blocking the attack and catching my forearm, he slams me into the wall, by the bathroom doorway, he leaves me there slumped onto the floor and goes inside the bathroom, he throws the destroyed door out of the bathroom.

I pull myself up off the floor and steady myself, following him into the bathroom, by this time he has the bandages off and has the cupboard door open, I can tell he is talking to Axl. I suddenly see red when I see him reach out towards him, a battle cry rips through my throat as I charge at him.

I plunge the knife into his neck, but I don't stop, I pull it out and continue to stab him in the chest and face, seeing the imagine of him trying to grab my son over and over again. I don't stop until he finishes twitching. I sit back off of him, I stare down at my hands and arms, I'm completely covered in blood, his and mine, I feel it drip down my face.

I look over at Axl and he has his eyes closed tightly hugging his knees and sobbing, I crawl over to him and carefully wrap my arms around him lifting him up and out of the cupboard.

"It's okay baby, he's gone, I'm so sorry baby, I'm so sorry, please don't be scared of me. I'm so sorry." I hug him closely, he refuses to open his eyes, but I almost sigh with relief when I feel his arms wrap around my neck. I lay him down on Negan's bed and cover him with the covers.

He falls asleep soon enough and I pull myself away from him, going over to sit on the single seat sofa, my hands shake and the pain is so unbearable I've almost gone numb to it all. I watch as the blood seeps out of my hand and drips to the floor. I let myself cry, it wasn't meant to be this way, he shouldn't have known I was here. How did he know I was here?