Ocean Eyes.

Screams of agony tear through my chest, Axls panicking voice absently reaching my ears, the only sound I focus on is the soothing voice of my husband, Dwight.

"Breath Baby, you can do this, you've done it before." I squeeze my eyes shut as another contraction wrecks havoc on my body.

"Dee, it hurts so much, I can't do this." I cry out, clutching Dwight's hand hard. I vaguely see him wince in pain, but he accepts it for me. Knowing what I'm going through is a hundred times worse.

"Yes, you can Gorgeous and I'm going to help you." He spreads my knees apart slightly and checks between them, his grip on my knee is strong and comforting.

"It's almost time to push Baby, you can do this, I'll give you the longest massage afterward." I smile at his attempt to calm me, but the pain soon takes over, I throw my head back and spot Axl sitting on the basement steps.

"I'm okay Buddy, Mummys okay." I say noticing his terrified expression, I grimace as another contraction takes hold.

"Okay start pushing, Baby." Dwight says getting my attention again, I just nod and force myself to push. It feels like I've been pushing for ages, but realistically it's only been about five minutes.

"That's it Beautiful, the heads coming out, there we go there's the head, now just the shoulders and your done. One big push for me." If this wasn't such hard painful work, I would compliment and kiss Dwight for actually reading all the labor books. He sounds like a proper midwife right now and it makes my heart swell.

"One more push, you can do it Sweetheart." I bare down, push hard once more wanting this to be over as soon as possible, I just want to meet my Baby.

"That's it, THAT'S IT!" Dwight yells with so much excitement in his voice, a piercing scream fills the basement. As my baby makes itself known, Dwight carefully cuts and ties off the end of the amblical cord.

I lay panting in amongst all our old blankets, beyond exhausted, Dee immediately gets to work on cleaning the Baby up, it continues to cry the whole time. There's still no mention of the gender and it bothers me to no end. Dwight walks over to me, carrying a wrapped up little baby and sets it into my arms.

"Say hello to Diana Amelio." Dwight says to me softly, I hear the stairs creak as Axl sneaks down them to be by my side.

"It's a girl?" I ask even though her name says so, but Dwight nods his head smiling brightly. I place my hand on his scared cheek, stroking it softly. He leans down and kisses my lips lovingly, he pulls away sweetly. He moves though to clean me up, unfortunately the jobs not done.

I stroke her little pale blond hair, smiling at her scrunched up face, Axl looks on in awe, not sure what to do.

"This is your baby sister Axl, you're a big brother now. Are you gonna help Mummy protect her?" I ask him, he reaches out gently touches her little cheek. He looks up at me, meeting my eyes and even though he may look like his father, he soul inside is much lighter and full of love.

"I'm going to be the best big brother." He tells me confidently, I smile at him so proud of my son, even with everything he has been through.

Diana cries in my arms and I look down at her, holding her a little tighter to calm her down, she soon stops, her eyes open and my heart falters in my chest. Dwight finishes cleaning me up and removes the blankets that are ruined, he sits back beside me.

"Dee. Look at her eyes." I tell him as he is too busy looking at me. He stares for a moment not saying anything and I start to worry.

"There, there blue. She's got Ocean Eyes." Dwight says quietly choking up.

"She has your eyes Dwight, your hair too." I smile so wide and he leans down and kisses me a little roughly, but with so much love.

Even though Diana was always going to be his daughter even if she did turn out to be Negans. This is proof though that the little angel in my arms definitely belongs to him, I knew it was eating away at him too. Dwight always insisted that no matter what it'll always be his kid, but he really wanted it to be his. Now his wish has come true, our wish.

Repairs to the house were finally under away, now that the fence is ten times stronger then before, it needed a mans touch apparently. Soon enough though we will be able to live inside the house safely and turn even more of the large garden into a field for food.

Dwight found chickens and a rooster one day, so we now have eggs and eventually will be able to raise our own chickens for food.With much discussion of a shed being built, so the children don't see the killing of the chickens.

I tired to help with as much of the work inside and outside the house before I was a waddling mess, but Dwight insisted he could do it on his own anyway. Apparently it's what he used to do for a living, build houses and deck them out. He's enjoyed all the work actually, it's been a real show watching him come in for the night all sweaty and shirtless.

Until Axl ruins the mood of course, it became quite rare for Dwight and I to make love, I can't wait for our own room. I really love my son, but a Mum needs her space and time with her husband.

I look up at Dwight whose got his daughters hand wrapped around his finger. I offer her to him and he immediately accepts her, cuddling her close to his chest. Axl sneaks around me, now that I'm covered up and there's nothing for him to see. He sits beside Dwight study his little sister, Dwight lowers his head slightly so he can get a better look.

I shift my body slightly towards them and close my eyes, beyond the point of exhaustion. I listen as Dwight talks to Diana and Axl about anything and everything. Mostly things involving our future and living happily together.

I promise myself then to make sure to go visit Michonne and show her the new edition to the family. I sigh happily and feel Dwight stroke my arm soothingly.

It doesn't take long for me to fall asleep, dreaming of the years to come, with my beautiful family safe and free. If only my parents could see me now, I hope they are proud of me. For once in my life I'm finally proud of myself and don't blame myself for their deaths anymore.

Dwight's helped me see that they were just accidents and not my fault. I've grown so much in these years, since this new world has arrived. I have made it my home and I will make the most and best of everyday from now on, because in this world life can be very short. I want to make as many happy and beautiful memories as I can.

I want to show my kids that even in this world love and happiness is possible, hope is possible. You just have to be willing to fight for it, to never give up and always try your best. No matter what happens...

The End.