Gates to the Kingdom.

It took me the rest of the day yesterday and last night to get to the Kingdom, it took me awhile to actually find the gate, it was pretty far in the town. I don't dare get too close though, I'm better off observing for now, just to see how their people work. If there's anything that could prevent from being safe here.

I spend hours watching the gates, waiting for someone to come out and not soon enough a truck emerges. I see Ezekiel sitting with a women and a few more of his men. They carry what look like spears and wear black safety gear. I follow after the truck hurriedly, trying not to get stopped by the dead or fall too far behind.

The truck stops in an old carpark on the other side of town, I watch as they talk and laugh amongst themselves. Ezekiel stretches his hand out to the women's face, brushing hair out of her face.

He leans in and kisses her gently and passionately. I watch as best as I can from my awkward position across the street. Another truck pulls up in front of there's and a few men get out. I recognize the truck immediately, it's one of Negan's and these are his men. I know none of the men who had climbed out of the truck.

I don't think I've even seen them around the Sanctuary before. Ezekiel and the man in charge from the Sanctuary, discuss something. I'm too far away to hear what's being said between them, but I notice the mood from the people of the Kingdom has changed.

They seem angry and annoyed, also ready to fight these men if need be. I don't understand why Negan's never mentioned this to me before. Ezekiel's men break away from the group and head to the back of their truck, unloading what looks like fruit and other supplies.

It's a trade between communities, the strange thing is though the Sanctuary gives nothing in return. Just taking the food and getting back into the truck and leaving. I frown at the scene in front of me, maybe the Sanctuary has already given forward what they were to trade and just getting what was owed.

I shake my head, it just doesn't make sense, I'm too lost in my own thoughts that I barely realised that Ezekiel and his men were leaving too. I follow after them, but much slower, I know how to get back now, I don't need to keep up.

My biggest concern is though is that if I join the Kingdom and one of these trades goes south. The sanctuary will know where I am, they will try and take me back. David would kill my child and then Negan. I can't risk it, I'm better off on my own, I sigh heavily deciding it's for the best if I just stay on my own. I can only trust myself these days.

I change direction and head back to my own town, I need to make stock of what I desperately need to find before the baby arrives. Snow starts to fall softly around me, I groan at how cold it is, picking up the pace. I'd hate for an unexpected snow storm to hit while this far away from home.

I have to decide whether I want to make camp for the night or continue all the way home. It's probably for the best if I make camp, I won't be able to hear or see any dead pricks that are around. I spot an old barn as the sun starts to set, I pull my knives out and tap on the old wood, drawing out any dead that may be inside.

Three sets of dead decayed hands reach between the gaps of the old wood. I send my knives though each ones head. I pull the old wobbly doors open. The smell is overwhelming, I cough and take a step back. I brace myself and go inside. I drag each dead prick outside cutting them open and spending their black guts on the ground around the barn.

Hopefully the smell of them will keep others at bay, I wash my hands with some of the water in the bag. I climb up the old wooden ladder, the higher up I am the safer I will be. I search through all the old hay making sure no dead is hiding amongst it. When coming up empty handed I finally let myself settle down for the night.

I pull a peach out of the bag and start to eat it, how they managed to grow such great fruit amazes me. I'll have to work out how to do it myself so I can grow them myself. I place the seed of the peach in a little bag, along with the seeds from the apple from earlier. If I can manage to grow fruit, it will be a great source to make baby food and I'll be all set too.

The sound of snow softly hitting the top of the barn helps lull me into a dreamless sleep. Only waking up a couple times through out the night. In the morning I stretch out all my limbs, cracks and pop sounding out from my joints. I have a little breakfast, consisting of half the fruit cobbler and water.

I climb back down the old ladder carefully, not really trusting the old wood. I push the doors to the barn open, having some difficulty due to a build up of snow. I step outside and everything is covered in white fluffy snow, it's definitely winter now. I pull the thin material of my jacket around me, remembering how badly I need a new one.

I march off into the snow, leaving my footprints behind me along with the Kingdom. I get to the town just before mine and decide this is the best place to find a new jacket. I come across what would have been the local clothes store, I step inside the smashed up window. Searching the old racks for something decent to wear. I spot a big coat, one with a fur lining on the hood.

I pick up the army green coat and slide it over the jacket I'm already wearing, the wool inside still like new.  Preserved in this old store, I put my bag back over my shoulders when something catches my eye.

I walk over to the leather jackets, seeing one that looks similar to Negan's one. I pick out one in my size and fold it up, placing it in my bag too. I leave the store feeling rather satisfied with my finds. No more stops now, I need to get back to my home. It's going to be a long winter.