The Turning Point.

For a moment all is silent in Negan's room, until he pulls out his walkie and asks for some lady, I think nothing of it at the time too busy pouring myself another drink

For a moment all is silent in Negan's room, until he pulls out his walkie and asks for some lady, I think nothing of it at the time too busy pouring myself another drink. When she arrives she's an elderly lady, with kind eyes, Negan picks up Axl and hands him over to her, it's then my anger boils over.

"What are you doing? You can't just give my son to a stranger." I'm trying my best not to yell at him in front of Axl and I realise then why Negan is sending Axl away, this is going to get ugly.

"Greta takes care of most kids here, she is very trustworthy and he will be fine." This pisses me off more, trustworthy or not I don't know her, even if she does seem like a nice lady.

Greta hesitates by the door and I realise she's waiting for my approval and not just Negan's. It's then that I appreciate her for what she did and I give her a gentle nod, letting her know it's okay to take him.

Negan and I wait it out for what seems like minutes, giving Greta enough time to get far away enough with Axl.

"I can't believe you just let some lady that I don't know take my son." I say starting the fight off first.

"No, you're gonna keep your mouth fucking shut and listen to me." I stand completely shocked by his words, he's never been like this with me.

"How fucking dare you just go and leave like that, that women could have fucking killed you. You're not even healed yet and you're already throwing yourself into harm's way, did you even think of Axl and what he would do without you?" The look of pure anger is clearly written all over his face.

"I was trying to protect him, I always think of Axl, I'm just so used to being the only one to get up and investigate. Every sound and movement around me, I had to go see what it was, to make sure nothing risked my son's life" I say defending myself.

"Do you not think? What if you died out there or tonight? What would Axl have done?" Negan asks and I can see where he is coming from but I had plans set in place.

"There was always enough food for him to survive years out there. It's still all there actually. I had been teaching him what to do of something ever happened to me." Negan stares at me shocked now.

"He's only fucking three and you were teaching him how to survive on his own?!" I can see the judgement in his eyes and it just makes me all the more mad.

"I didn't have a fucking choice Negan, it was either I teach him the basics of survival or he knew nothing at all in the case I was killed." I take deep breaths to try and calm myself, I can't believe he's going to try and give me a parenting lesson, he's only just met Axl. What makes him think he's the expert here?