Three years later.

Axl is three now, feels like only yesterday that I actually gave birth to him all on my own, he's such a cheeky boy, the more he gets older the more like his dad he is. He's got my nose though and my light sprinkle of freckles across the nose, I soon grew out of them though and I'll assume he'll do the same.

I smile as I watch my boy try and reach a large peach on our fruit tree, he stretches up on his tippy toes but to no avail, he whips around on his heel and he frowns at me all moody like, just like his father, I can't help but giggle. That look used to scare me when Negan did it, but my son is just too cute, his face all flushed red from trying so hard.

"Mumma, can't get it." He stamps his little foot down and crossing his arms, looking so displeased in the fact he couldn't reach the damn peach floating above his head.

"Okay Baby, let me get it for you." I walk over to where he is and pick the peach for him. He bites into it happily, his face lights up as juice drips down his chin.

A strong scent of decay and death blows in on the warm breeze, I screw my nose up in disgust. The stench has been getting worse over the last few weeks and I worry that we won't be able to stay here for much longer.

"Stay here Baby." Axl nods his head and plays with his toys and eats his peach. I open the heavy metal gate and close it behind me.

I look around all the neighbouring streets, not straying to far from the house. More and more dead seem to be coming into this town.

A small herd forming, I start to definitely worry about how long we can stay in this town. If the herd gets too big there will be no way out and we will run out of food. Even with the fruit trees around.

I think it's time we move on soon, I sigh heavily, this place had just started feeling like home, I was hoping it would have been safe enough for Axl to grow up here. Maybe I'll get to bring him back soon, I'll have to come back to check to see if the herd ever leaves.

I go back to the house making sure I close the gate properly, I check on Axal and I see he is in the same spot playing. I head inside and start gathering our clothes up.

I am so happy I was able to potty train Axl at such a young age, it saves trying to change nappies while on the move.

I pack up the little cart that connects to a bicycle I managed to find, I even got the one with the child seat on the back, I usually take the bike and cart out for when I'm going out for emergency supplies.

I pack as much food and water as I can, but leave some, in case I'll be able to get back here one day, I pack toys and books for Axl, after that I'm done packing everything and I drag the cart up the stairs and connect it to the bicycle.

"Axl honey come here." Axl excitedly runs up to me, holding up his arms for me to pick him up.

"We have to go away for a while, okay buddy, we will come back one day." He hugs his little bear closer to himself, trying to understand what's going on.

"We see Daddy?!" His excitement leaves me dishearten, it makes me regret telling him about his father, but he had the right to know, it also helped me cope with being away from Negan.

"I'm not sure Axl, I just know we have to go. The baddies are coming and we have to go." I tell him, his face contorts into something sad and terrified.

"I hate baddies." I chuckle at his annoyance in the dead ruining his fun.

"I know you do, now let's get you all buckled up." I set him down into his child seat and make sure he is strapped in well, he cuddles onto his bear closer, I lean down and kiss his forehead.

I push the bike up to the gate and open it up pushing it out of the protection of our home, I close the gate quickly, the dead are already starting to gather. I climb on to the bike and start to peddling hard. Gathering enough speed to stay comfortably out of harms way.

The roads have changed so much since I last was on them, looking more worn out and broken, weeds and other plant life starting to grow through the cracks. The day is overcast and rather cool, making it much easy for me to ride, as I won't over heat so quickly.

As the day goes on I find myself getting tried, even with stopping often enough and to check on Axal, for toilet, drink and eating breaks. I don't stop though, wanting to get enough distance between me and that herd, knowing how fast they can get in the cooler weather.

The sun sets quickly and I'm left riding in the dark, no torch or anything and no signs of shelter, at least Axal is fast asleep behind me. My eyes have well adjusted to the dark by now and I'm just using the moonlight to see, an old dirt path appears on the right and I decide to head that way.

It may lead to a house or some sort of shelter, at this point I'm not very picky at all, I follow the dirt path, trying to avoid the pot holes as best as I can. I slow down to a stop to rest my burning legs, I lift a bottle of water to my lips and take a sip, I go for another but something in the darkness stops me.

Rustling of trees and bushes, but the thing that scares me the most is the voices as they frantically run. I push the bike and cart off the main road. I detach Axl from his seat and he startles awake.

"Shh baby, have to be quiet like when the baddies are around." I whisper to him, I gently try and lay the bike down covering it with the fallen foliage. The voices get closer and I duck down low, trying to stay out of view, suddenly a group runs past me crossing the road and head to the other side.

I let out the breath I was holding, but something else sends a chill down my spine, a chorus of whistling echoing behind me, coming from all different directions. I clutch Axl close to my chest and run in the same direction as the other group I'd rather end up with them, then the group that's stalking us.

I hear their frantic voices up ahead heading into a clearing, the whistles continue all around us now, getting closer, I look around and spot a tree to my left, one that's decent to climb. I awkwardly scale my way up the tree getting up as best as I can with only one arm.

Axl cries softly into my neck, not understanding what's going on, I hold him close trying to settle him and trying to listen to the woods around us. A stick snaps under me and I look down seeing a guy creep in the darkness towards the clearing, I pull my gun out just incase.

Suddenly blinding lights shine from the other end of the clearing, I cover my eyes, trying to stay balanced on the branch as my eyes adjust to the bright lights. Cars line the clearing, among the cars and around the whole clearing is people, lots of people all whistling.