Mask of Power.

*Negan's POV*

I stand in the gym, my body covered in sweat, I had to de-stress somehow and I thought beating the shit out of the bag would help. It hasn't though, rage still seethes underneath my skin, my trust has been lost.

The question is though I don't see who is to blame. That fucker, David turned up last night.

I was ready to bash his fucking brains in with Lucille, but he came in, sobbing for his life. Trying to convince me that Clare had him held captive for this whole time he's been missing. I don't want to believe him, everything in my bones is telling me that the fucker is lying to me.

Clare is missing though, she could have discovered he escaped from her and she's bailed. Or this fucker has done something to her. If it's the latter, I need him alive to find her, I need to work out the whole truth before I break his fucking skull to pieces.

I throw my leather jacket over my shoulders, it instantly makes me think of Clare and when she borrowed it from me when she first arrived. I shake my head and pick Lucille up as I leave the gym, deciding I really need to smash the fuck out of something.

"Get a dead prick ready for me just out the front of the gates I'll be there soon."  I say into the walkie talkie, I need to actually bash some brains in.

My negative thoughts just won't let up, what if Clare did do all this? What if she raped this man? What if he is lying? Is she alive? Did he rape her?

The icy cold air blasts me in the face as soon as I get outside. I see two of my hard working team holding a dead prick steady for me.

"Free dinner for you two tonight." I tell them both, it's cold and late they deserve a free one.

I raise Lucille and smash it over the decaying bodies head. I continue to swing Lucille over and over. Breaking bones and flesh being torn apart is the sound to be heard.

Once I'm done it's just a dark red puddle of decayed human.

"Thank you boys." I turn on my heel and leave them to deal with the mess.

I want to question David more about what's happened, but I don't trust myself to not kill the bastard.

I need to fucking eat something, I head into the cafeteria and crab a serve of spaghetti.

Heading back to my room quickly, I'm not in the fucking mood for pleasantries.

I slam my door closed and heavily set the tray. I think tonight I need a really stiff drink, I pull out a bottle of my finest aged scotch whiskey.

Filling my glass with a healthy amount before downing the lot. I pour another but drink this one slower.

I look around my room, at the evidence of a women living in here. I pick Clare's pj shirt, from the end of the bed.

I left it to my nose and breath in her scent, fuck I hope she is okay.

"Where the fuck are Babygirl?" I drop the shirt back down.

I can't let myself believe that she could have done another to David, because that would mean what we shared together was fake.

I would look like a real ass if it means she's been using me, David has always been a sly dog.

Always hitting on the women and making them uncomfortable. As soon as I find some hard evidence that points to him. I'm going to kill him so fucking slowly.

Especially if he's done something to my girl. I should have told her when she said it. I should have told her how I felt, told he show much love her.

I eat my spaghetti, it's quite delicious but doesn't help bring my mood up at all.

I look over at Lucille, seeing how she is still covered in decayed guts.

I get up and puck her up, taking her into the bathroom to wash away the muck.

"I'm sorry baby, Daddy's left you all dirty."

I let out a sigh, remembering a time when this bat was the only thing that meant something to me.

Now it's different though Clare is the most important thing to me and I will do anything to find her.

After bathing Lucille, I pick up my walkie.

"I want two trucks ready and a group of eight out ready for me." I head the the door.

I need to find her and a search party is going to have to do. I put on me mask of power before heading outside.

Not letting my people see how much this is really getting to me. Not letting people see how terrified I am to lose Clare.

Only letting them see a strong and powerful leader, one that is willing to do anything for his girl.

"Right. We are going to split up and find Clare, if you find her or any sign of her, let me know over radio." I get in the front seat of one of the trucks.

Three men jump into my and five into the other one. I will stay out all night looking for her if I have to.

My men chat away to each other, while looking out the windows with huge spotlights, looking of my girl.

By the time dawn breaks there is no sign of her, I decide to call it a night and radio for the other truck to go home.

My heart sinks heavily, but I do not show it, I think I'm now ready to talk to David about the shit he has pulled.

I'm going to break him until he tells me the truth. Until I get any sort of news that she is okay. Because even if she did do those things I want her back.

I want to know why she did it, if he made her do it somehow.

As soon as I get back I head down into the cells, Easy Street the song playing loud and over again. Enough to drive someone mad.

I open Davids cell door and give him a wide smile, ready to get down to business.