Believing the man.

*Negan's POV*

I've given it enough time now, Clare has still not been found

I've given it enough time now, Clare has still not been found. Any sign of her just disappeared without a trace.

I had to call the fucking searches off a month after she went missing. Now I think it's time I do what's right and let David back in.

I have no reason to believe that he is lying, I expected everyday for two months that she would come bursting through those gates.

All beaten and bruised, scared out of her mind because of David and what ever horrible thing he did to her.

There's been nothing though, no sign of Clare at all, it's like she was removed from existence.

With winter now in full motion, it would be impossible to find her and I have more important things to worry about now.

My people need to survive through this winter and I have to be the one to supply the resources for them to survive.

I head down towards the cells, it's time I do what's right, I can't keep David locked up down in those cells anymore. Clare isn't coming back and I need all hands on deck.

I nod my head to Richie, whose watching the cells at the moment. He quickly goes about the task of unlocking David's cell for me.

Once opened I step into the door way, staring down at the now small crumpled man before me.

"It's you fucking lucky day David, I'm letting you out, putting you up in your own room, with your own bathroom. With your old job back. How does that sound huh?" I tighten my grip on Lucille, whose resting up against my shoulder.

"Sounds great Boss." His voice is weak and cracked, he pushes himself up off the ground.

"Well follow me then, sorry you can't have your old room, a young family with an infant needed the extra space. But compared to that shit show you were just in, anything would be better, right?" I say strolling down the corridors confidently, even though inside I'm conflicted and nervous.

I don't dare show how I'm truly feeling through, I refuse to show any signs of weakness. I'm a fucking man god damnit.

"Of course it is, Negan. Thank you so much. Did you find her?" David's question throws me off track for a moment, but I recover quickly.

"Nah she's long gone, obviously too fucking scared to face me after all the shit she pulled with you." I joke around and continue on my way.

"Besides it doesn't fucking matter anymore, I have four new fucking wives who will do whatever the fuck I say or want." I act all cocky, but I'd rather have Clare back then those wives.

I honestly don't care what she did to David, except the fact that she fucking cheated on me with this idiot. Why she would want to fuck him over me is fucking brain numbing.

I drop David off at his room, leaving him to clean himself up. He didn't seem overly happy to be let out, but I guess if he's telling the truth he wouldn't be doing so well.

I head back to my own room, waiting at the door is Tanya, one of my new wives. Tanya greets me with a smile and a tray of food.

I open the door for her and lock it behind us, we quietly go sit down, I don't find myself talking to them all that often. Not really having anything in common.

After dinner she leads me to the bed and takes her clothes off before coming over to undress me. I watch as she takes my man hood in her mouth and putting it to work.

Normally I'd love this, but with my wives it's unexciting and rather boring, cumming seems more like a chore then a sweet release. It doesn't mean I'll stop doing it though, I will teach myself to enjoy it once again.

Tanya climbs on top of me, producing a condom and sliding it over my erection. She sits down on to my cock and fucks me like she's on a mission. Her soft moans and gasps of pleasure echo around my room.

I cum quickly after she does, removing her from my lap and heading straight for the shower. Usually I'd stay with them all night, but tonight I'm not in the mood.

I wonder if I made the right decision in letting David out of the cells, but what's done is done and I can't change it now.

The worst thing for me as a leader would be to go against my own choices. I'll just have to keep a close eye on him, any slip ups and I'll have his head for it.

I wash Tanya off of me, feeling rather dirty and disgusted in myself. For fuck sake man I need to pull it together, I need to fucking forget Clare. She fucking left me, if she fucking cared at all she would have found a way to stay.

I shut the water off and wrap a towel around my waist, heading into my room. Tanya has since fucked off and taken the dishes with her like a good girl.

I pull some trackies on and go pour myself a stiff drink before bed. I fucking find myself relying on this liqour too much lately.

I down the glass quickly and turn off the lights, heading to bed for the night so tired of the day.

I dream of Clare coming back to me, telling me she loves me and will never leave me. I have these dreams most fucking nights and I hate them now. I wish these thoughts of her would just leave me alone.

They make me feel weak and vulnerable, I can't let anyone see how much she means to me. It would be enough for someone to take this place from me, thinking that I'm not strong enough or fit to be a leader.

I can't fucking have that at all, things are going to change, I'm going to be a hard ass that let no one get away with anything.

But for tonight I succumb to my dreams of Clare calling my name softly.

"I love you Negan, save me Negan, come find me Negan."